Earliest Call-time You've Had

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Indiana
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: hmmm

Post by Indiana » Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:33 pm

MsNikki wrote:I do believe that in order to get to Disneyland when it opens, we met at the school at either 12:30 am or 1 am. I dunno.
12 30 or 1 to go to disneyland?!?! Wow, that's really early...where do you come from?? Must be far...
When you wish upon a star....

Puck
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Puck » Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:45 am

I think the earliest call-time I ever had was 5:00 am for both marching band and winter guard. Although now my 5:00 am call time means "Be at the airport by 5:00 am," translated into directorese it means, "Be at the airport no later than 4:30 am." hehe

This is aside from marching, but I remember when we went to Disneyland for Grad Night. The park "opened" for us at 12:30 am and "closed" at like 5:00 am or so. We had to wait outside in the buses until the park closed to the public before we could go in. It was quite an experience, a lot of fun. I'm curious, though, if you're driving to Disneyland, why would you have a call time of 12:30/1:00? Do you live in Northern Cal?
http://www.wginsider.com/
Visit WGInsider.com for the latest WGI Rankings and more!

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." ~Will Durant

DBbaby
New Recruit
New Recruit

haha well....

Post by DBbaby » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:28 pm

i remember we had a football game on friday nite... and got to school around 6 pm... then preformed the field show at halftime and did all the USUAL football game stuff.... after the game we did an hour rehersal on the fiel in full uniform... changed and got on the bus and left for las vegas..... haha got to las vegas at about 4 in da morning.... checked into a hotel and woke out at about 7 to eat breakfast...... and did the whole BOA thing...... now that was a crazy weekend haha

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:43 pm

I think for the day of the Rose Parade we had to be there by 4 or 5 something...I remember though that for some reason, our director had the call time at 5:17 or something like that.

nitsud92506
New Recruit
New Recruit

man..... early call times suck

Post by nitsud92506 » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:00 am

I guess I beat almost all of you guys.... except for the 12:30 am guy. (That's cruel).

I remember when I was a new recruit in my band and I was only 13 years old then. We had to do a couple gigs at the 2000 democratic national convention. Our call time each day that week was 2 am. (took a while cause of high security we had to pass just to get to rehearsal at the staples center.) Call time sucked... but it was worth it. I made it onto TV and a couple newspapers. It was a long week, but the fact that it was my first high school band experience was awesome. I mean, how many others get that type of oppourtunity their freshman year in high school? It was a great year.

Dustin

bandgeekmafia

Post by bandgeekmafia » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:59 am

2:15 AM
Last year for the Hawaii Invitational.

As for FT to be concerned.
5:15AM
Love your friends . . . Die laughing

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:43 pm

5 am- Rose Parade
No regrets

EHS2003

early call times

Post by EHS2003 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:48 pm

midnight...when we left for indianapolis. After september 11.....airport security checks took forever.

MystikalBrass

Early call time

Post by MystikalBrass » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:53 am

When RCC did the Macy's Parade in 1991, our dress rehearsal in front of the cameras was at 4:15am or so. We had to get up and get dressed at 2am I think. not only was it damn early, it was damn cold! For some reason, I got in a fight just before the parade with Espi. That was a long time ago!

Charles Hargett
http://www.impulseyoutharts.org

seanrj
Veteran
Veteran

Post by seanrj » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:37 pm

3 AM for the '96 Rose Parade, because I was being interviewed on Good Morning America at 5.

Then had to do the parade, the pregame concerts, march pregame, march halftime, post-game concert, and then march back to the buses.

I slept for 2 days after that...

Nothing like the smell of brass polish in the morning...

LittleFerg
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by LittleFerg » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:19 pm

About 4:30 AM for the Las Vegas Comp.
And I love to sleep too... :(

TheEgg
New Recruit
New Recruit

ayee

Post by TheEgg » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:42 pm

4:00AM for Dayton, aye i remember being at school that early anf the guard and DL were like dead to the world. Especialy since we got to the air port and we had so much extra time that we had to wait 3 HOURS before we were even allowed to board....umph* I hope it's not that early this year...
Howz the fetus?!
HAAAAWAAAFEEN ::band:: HAWAFEEN ::band:: HAWAFEENA!
"I'm gunna shake your ladder next time AND make sure you fall off!"-Boobs

Spin Doctor
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Spin Doctor » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:35 pm

4:00am for Drum Major comps down in San Diego. We will be doing that again next Saturday
I never did forget that night...
And now...
More than twenty years later...
I still remember every note of the music that wandered out into the still night air.
The only thing is...
I can't remember how to play it anymore.
~The Wonder Years

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:46 am

In middle school I thought 7am was horrible for a call time on saturday...now i have class every morning at 7. I think the worst one was 4am for championships in Lodi...at least i think thats where it was, i slept the whole way there!!
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".