NCBA Foothill Guard & Percussion Show 3/27/2004

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

LTL'98
New Recruit
New Recruit

NCBA Foothill Guard & Percussion Show 3/27/2004

Post by LTL'98 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:22 am

Foothill always puts on a great show. The groups will be awesome, and it will be the largest line up untill Championships! No to mention the largest showing of Scholastic persussion groups this year. Watch them battle for the gold at this years Foothill Winter Show!

for the line up click here
Foothill 2004 line up

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:12 pm

I'll be watching the regional at Logan, but it would be great if someone could post the recaps so we see how all the lines did. Does anyone know why NCBA doesn't post show recaps (or keep regional weekends open) like every other circuit? Or do they? Maybe I just don't know where to find them!

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:34 pm

I'll be watching the regional at Logan, but it would be great if someone could post the recaps so we see how all the lines did. Does anyone know why NCBA doesn't post show recaps (or keep regional weekends open) like every other circuit? Or do they? Maybe I just don't know where to find them!

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:25 pm

unfortunately, the ncba is affiliated with wgi, so they schedule things to how it fits them.
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:22 am

good luck to all the gajillions of groups performing at our school today!!!! i hope you do really well! im lookin forward to finally getting to see some other ensembles' shows. its gonna be soo much fun! hope all the performers have a good show today!
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

rockchick04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rockchick04 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:02 am

Just wanted to say that the show was awesome today! Everyone did a great job. :) I especially loved Benecia's percussion.. such a creative show! Loved the props and all the outfits.
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind. '04!

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:42 pm

Foothill, great comp every year, and their line was absolutely on fire. After my line performed however, i waited 5 hours for awards to just stand there durring awards ceremony, and find out that the people runnin' the joint had left out the awards for everyone in the amateur percussion division. Thats right, there were no trophies, no acknowlegments during awards, and 4 schools after awards ran up to the front demanding to know the reason not a single one of them had recieved their trophy. Turns out amateur divison wasnt even in the program at all, it was in the line up, and we all competed, but they completely left everyone in my division off of the roster during awards. I think the boosters at foothill need to get their act together before they think about putting on next years show.

fadetosilence

Post by fadetosilence » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:00 pm

I think the boosters at foothill need to get their act together before they think about putting on next years show.
Mistakes happen. Have you ever tried to organize a winter show? I'm sure after making the mistake this year they won't let it happen ever again.

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:14 pm

I suppose im as mad about it as i am because our school didnt have enough money for busses, so we all carpooled, and after waiting 5 hours for awards and not getting anything, instead of going home when i had the chance, that sent me off. If it had been someone elses division i probobly wouldnt have been as upset about it. Just put yourself in my shoes, and every other drummer in amateur who stood in awards feeling like an idiot as well. I doubt it will happen again next year. Im just saying it happened, and when i went up to the announcer, he refused to announce those places after the directors yelled at him to do so, at least twice, before neilson told him to do so.

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:40 pm

sorry about that. i dunno exactly what happened with that. sorry! usually stuff like that doesnt happen but i think some scores were mixed up or something because score sheets were being fumbled and stuff when mr cloyd was announcing the awards and there was most likely a problem. im really sorry! im sure it'll get straightened out.
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:48 pm

Dude its cool. its done...i got my angry yelling out when it happened... that was really about it... :)