What are your compatitions going?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

pitgirl15
New Recruit
New Recruit

What are your compatitions going?

Post by pitgirl15 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:27 pm

how are your compatitions going so far? and whens the next show your schools going to? and good luck to you all!

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:17 pm

we had 4 comps so far, 1 ADLA and 3 SCPA... we did better in the adla ones... but our line is still young, about half are freshman... so we are doing pretty decent for the ability level. This saturday is Saddleback (adla)!!! woohooo!!!
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

pichick86

Post by pichick86 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:23 pm

So far we have only been to 3 ADLA competitions out of about 6 I think. The Hesperia High School Drumline went to Bolsa Grande, Granite hills and Serrano. This is our first year out in about 3 or 4 years and the whole line and pit is inexperienced in the whole winter season. We did pretty good with our scores and got 1st at all three comps in Scholastic B. It's all because our drum instructor, which has to be the best, John "Wisdom" Owens and his wife Christine. (and I guess the judges really seem to like our show. "Charlie Chaplin: She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not"). We're aiming for the 60's and 70's right now cuz all we gotta do is clean. We're looking forward to our next comp which is at San Marcos High School (prom night). April 24.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:34 pm

HAHA I loved your Charlie Chaplin Show!! I saw it at Bolsa, loved the whole waddle walking thing! :lol:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

pichick86

Post by pichick86 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:35 pm

If the last time you saw Hesperia was At Bolsa Grande then you need to come check us out at San Marcos HS on April 24. We've added 2 more songs since then and a lot more acting. It's a lot better now so come watch us. (it will be worth your while)