Boring Regionals

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

BLACKAZKNIGHT

Boring Regionals

Post by BLACKAZKNIGHT » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:45 pm

Does anyone else think that line-ups in every class at Regionals is really boring. If you know anything about any of the groups you already know who's going to win or be near the top. It seems to me that all the heated competitions are between guards that live on opposite cost, and won't even see each other till WGI championships. Thank god for WGINSIDER.COM for the rankings so we can all know how guards across the country are doing compared to each other. It doesn't seem that the Regionals have compeitors in the same class that are really close to each other this year. And that makes for kind of a boring Regionals to me. Where is the heated "score wars" of old in each class at a Regionals. I think Regionals are long and boring and not worth paying the whole ticket price for to set through.

And just a side note, I'd love for people to stop discussing the perenial winners, and I'd love to hear more about shows that people don't usually discuss. I think there are probably a lot of fairly good shows out there that don't get much notice.
"WIN" NOT "NIW" YOU MORONS

"SICKE, FLEX FOOT, CONTRACTION"

"SIDE CHASSES, WITH ONEHANDED DOUBLETIME, WITH THE LOOK OF INTENSITY"

"DONDE ESTA.......??????

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

get the parle

Post by RifleLova » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:56 pm

well i dont think regionals are boring at all. you may think a guard will get last place and then they surprise you and get 2nd! and watching the guards is also a lot of fun. anyway, i love regionals! and if you want someone to not talk of only the winning guards, set an example. start talking about the other guards and we (might) follow along!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

SabreKnight
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SabreKnight » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:05 am

i dont think regionals are boring at all. it gives people in the stands to see good groups from different places around that region, not just local groups. also, how do you know if one group didnt change their show, or clean up a lot and jump up a couple of places. you never know, someone in last could jump up to 2 or 3. No offense to Corona, cause i really luv them, but they had a rough start and look how far they've come. where as other groups havent gotten all that much better, and they could drift down in the rankings.
Its all about performace