Blue Devils Open

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

lledjk

Blue Devils Open

Post by lledjk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:49 am

I think Blue devils open has a stronger guard this year from past years. plus the show this is a bit more interesting that other years too. i hope they can clean up their show in time for the next regional.

Finch
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Finch » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:32 pm

I don't get Blue Devils, I keep hearing people talk about how great they are, but personally I think they are a bit boring. The one guy is the star of the show and he is great, but no one else stands out for me.

I was happy to see Orion finally move ahead this past weekend. From the first show of the year they have been the fan favorites, (by the response from the crowd) I was just surprised that it was by such a small margin. Just my opinion...

Paul Soules

Post by Paul Soules » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:34 pm

Blue Devils are not boring. They have a very effective show with cool flag stuff. yeah, they have been doing the same show style year after year, but they will come around like they always do. I wish the show didn't center that boy so. I loose interest watching him after 2 seconds. The other girls in the guard are just as good or better. Hasn't he aged out yet? LOL.

dancingrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

I agree

Post by dancingrl » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:20 pm

I totally agree with you, I feel bad for the rest of the guard :cry: I mean that guy does an awesome job at what he does but you can tell there is more talent on that team they could be using. But I enjoy there show, they have some cool work.

But I really like Orions' show...they are so pumped up during that show :lol:

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:23 pm

GO BLUE DEVILS! GO GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One mo again.

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

yay!

Post by LHScg » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:25 pm

I love george he's sooooo aweseom i never get to see him live cuz i am in the same class but i love watching the video tapes him!

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:47 pm

YEAH, He's GREAT!!!!!!!

WORK THOSE SPLITS!!! LOL!
One mo again.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:17 pm

I love watching George, and Cortney! Cortney was our Rifle captain two years ago so its awesome to watch her out on the floor performing again with BD!!!
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:37 pm

Paul Soules wrote:Blue Devils are not boring. They have a very effective show with cool flag stuff. yeah, they have been doing the same show style year after year, but they will come around like they always do. I wish the show didn't center that boy so. I loose interest watching him after 2 seconds. The other girls in the guard are just as good or better. Hasn't he aged out yet? LOL.
You don't age out in WGI for Guard, it's only in percussion. There was this 40 year old woman in this one guard I saw once, I forget which one though..

Dang George gets around..lol...I swear everyone knows him!

dancingrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dancingrl » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:37 pm

Actually you do age out for guard too, the age out is 21. For world guards there are no age outs...just to clarify.

Duh he gets around, everybody wants to meet him because he is awesome, plus he is super nice so it only makes him better!!! :lol:

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:40 pm

SINCE we're talking about George ...
Everytime I see him I say, "Don't forget your roots, George! Who taught you to toss a sabre in the first place?!" Haha, I remember when he was a shy 8th grader & I was a 9th grader. We were on sabre line together for winter, and rifles for street. Yay me and him grew up in guard together.
World Of Pageantry Champion!

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

George is super

Post by georgefan22 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:46 pm

I think BD are doing great I love the music first circle is an awesome show (pride 98). As for George he is so diva and he is deserving of solos, but true they do have other very talented people in their guard.

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:49 pm

[quote="dancingrl"]Actually you do age out for guard too, the age out is 21. For world guards there are no age outs...just to clarify.[quote]
that's all correct except for the fact that the age-out is 22. just thought i'd share. :)
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.