Why are we changing drill?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

---

Why are we changing drill?

Post by --- » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:57 pm

I have always wondered, why do instructors change drill. I think our drill is ok. Well, now thinking about it, our isn't so great. But why though, just why? Is it because of the judges. It probably is. *SIGHS* Other than that, our instructors are putting in this type of jay-toss. Also, for those who are on price, why can Brian just have his solo. Why does it have to be a duo?

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:07 pm

ok the reason instructors change drill is because it might not flow right or it may not appease to the judges. thats why the do the drill changes and trust me they are probably just as excited about it as you are. i mean they already wrote the drill once and it takes alot of effort.
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:43 pm

Be careful kiddo. Instructors post here too, and parents.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:22 am

I understand what you mean; drill changes can be a pain. We’ve been writing and rewriting the same spot of our show for the past couple of weeks. But I’d rather make the changes and score better than keep doing the same thing and never improve. Besides it makes it a challenge to never do the same show twice. hehe
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:34 pm

RifleDiva wrote: Besides it makes it a challenge to never do the same show twice. hehe
good one. :D
and yeah, overall the drill usually does effect how the show looks and what impression it gives off, so if it doesn't look right, then it should be changed...just be patient. in the end it will all be right.
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

LEIGHGUARDBOY
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by LEIGHGUARDBOY » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:38 pm

wow, you new price kids talk about your instructors a lot. I was on price last year and i never talked like you guys do about the instructors. you guys are lucky because you have some very good instructors. I really cant believe what you guys say about them!!!!! :drop: its sadtoo because they watch this site and post here too.!!! :D

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:13 pm

I think instructors change drill to make it more crowd and judge pleasing.

I don't mind them changing drill, as long as it's not major.

Note: I'm not trying to diss instructors either, they're good people and work for our best.
No regrets

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:27 pm

wow i wouldnt be complaining. You guys haven't changed very much drill at all. If this is bad, you would have died if you were on the Price guard last year. Almost every week they changed the drill for the whole song. It was crazy. You guys have a much better plan and it is more thought out this year. That is why you are doing so well, so just take the changes and be happy to be doing good
ya

drum corps baby
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum corps baby » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:53 pm

to all price kids: yah your instuctors may change you drill and/or work a lot, but you gotta understand that it's all for the better. i know that this is what you're prolly hearing from everyone, but you just have to kno that that's colorguard. nothing ever stays the same. so if you don't take change well, then you're going down.:flush: so don't complain you guys, be happy that you guys have great instructors that are willing to help you and make you're show better so that you score better. good luck you guys! :P

guardchixrok9

wha?

Post by guardchixrok9 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:36 pm

LEIGHGUARDBOI, u r so rite. why do we talk about our instructors? i mean, they do a great job, so whi r we complainin? we look great, we have fun (well, jason... maybe except u.. i mean, it must suc 2 b part of a duo... nah, im just messin w/ ya... but if i could spin sabre like u, i wouldnt b complaining!) and we work hard. why do we talk about them?
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth.

Be alert - the world needs more lerts.

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup? - John Mendoza

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:12 am

Drill is changed for a reason. Your instructors change the drill to make the show better. Our drill changed just thursday, for about a third of the show, but I am glad because now it will look more exciting and appealing to the audience. Remember that your instructors want to help you. It may not always seem like it but the reason they are there is to make you better. That's what they get paid for, remember?

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:12 am

our guard rarely makes it one show in a whole season with everyone there, so we are constanly changing, altering or relearning drill. I've filled in as TWO of our guys on our guard in their forms...craaazy.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:45 am

wow Mata, my insructor would flip if we didnt come to a competition. You have to be on your deathbed to miss!!

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:55 pm

sabrebatgirl wrote:Drill is changed for a reason. Your instructors change the drill to make the show better. Our drill changed just thursday, for about a third of the show, but I am glad because now it will look more exciting and appealing to the audience. Remember that your instructors want to help you. It may not always seem like it but the reason they are there is to make you better. That's what they get paid for, remember?

I remember what they're paid for. My mom reminds me about the money almost every day :P .

Seriously... I'm too paranoid to say anything bad about my instructors because I know they're on here, but I don't really have anything bad to say about them... except when they walk on our floor with their shoes on. I roll around on that! Come on!!! :wink:
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:18 pm

flagchild06 wrote:
I don't really have anything bad to say about them... except when they walk on our floor with their shoes on. I roll around on that! Come on!!! :wink:
haha...i enjoyed that...it was funny!!!!!!