Fresno Scores Anyone!!!!!!!!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

BKpit94
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BKpit94 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:59 am

Exactly. They all stopped at a part that's not exactly easy to stop at. It seemed a little too well rehearsed. I just trully wonder if any other guard would have been given the consideration.

JLHSGUARDMOM

Fresno Scores

Post by JLHSGUARDMOM » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:55 am

Good Morning,
I am a Logan World Guard Parent who frequently reads the posts on this forum. I have never responded to anything when people are posting about our Kids, but I felt that I needed to clarify what is being talked about the Open Guard's Performance in Fresno.

I just want everybody to know that the technical mishap that occured during the Prelims performance was in no way "planned" or "rehearsed". If you remember in the very beginning of the show as soon as the talking started the CD was already skipping and we Parents in the stands knew there was a problem. The kids continued with the performance until the CD actually stopped. The reason it took so long to restart is that one of the Instructors had to actually run out to the Parking Lot and get another CD out of a car.

We were very proud of the fact that our Open Guard Kids were professional and poised and held their positions until they were instructed by their Director to bring it in so he could talk to them behind one of their props. As you can imagine many of our younger kids were pretty shaken up by this interuption.
We still do not know if there was a problem with the CD or the equipment. What we do know is the CD that was used is a "show only" CD that has been used several times with no problems, maybe it was dirty, who knows?

I am sure that if this kind of thing happens to any other Guards in the future (I know that is has happened in the past) that they would be given the same opportunity to start over and perform their show to the best of their abilities.
Good Luck to everybody for the rest of the season!!

its all about the guard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by its all about the guard » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:36 pm

i'm way too proud and in awe by what logan open did when the music started skipping. i dont know what else to say.. but wow.

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:19 pm

I've always thought that if there was a problem with the music skipping or stopping that you keep performing through it until the end with out the music, and everyone counts out loud....I've never heard of anyone being able to have a "re-do" because thier music failed...I mean I could understand if it was like at the very beginning of thier show and it did it, but everyone was saying it was half-way through it already...I can't be sure though because I just heard about it, I didn't actually see it.

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by engineer » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:02 pm

Logan Open emodied a true sense of professionalism at Prelims. I didn't even figure out what was going on until the instructor ran down the stairs and then ran outside of the stadium to get another CD. Those kids definetly should be commended for keeping it together and then having enough in them to do it again considering where the music failed in their show. In addition if that equipment was the same one used at the SJVCGPR circuit show the day before, it was bound to screw up on someone. That equipment has a habbit of skipping and playing scratching noises.

I'm sure WGI wouldn't expect the performers to keep going when the music begins to fail. That wouldn't be fair by any means because the sound guy could rewind the music to some unexpected place and that would be a performers worst nightmare since you can't reset yourself in time to get yourself back into the music.

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:51 pm

all of us blocked it was exciting!!

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:55 pm

i think that if logans guard handled the skipping part professionaly then they should get to start it over without a penalty.and from what i have heard the music went backwards and they stood there holding a pose for a couple of minutes until there instructor came down and told them to relax. i think it was fair.

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:55 pm

just to verify whether or not a guard would be allowed to start over at WGI, i'll tell you they would. in 2002 i was at independent open prelims, and this one guard started and their music got screwed up, but they were allowed to start over. the second time through was actually loads better than their first try, but nothing ever came of it...i don't really see what the big deal is...who cares? :roll:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.