uniforms

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

same costume for all

Post by RifleLova » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:21 pm

same costume for everyone every year...sux...

my instructor said this year "you'll be getting different ones!!" but did we?? NO! we never do...i hate it! i want different ones.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

IhilaniRifleGurl04

Post by IhilaniRifleGurl04 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:45 am

we all have the same outfit for football games. little ice skater type(short skirt that goes to about mid thigh for tall girls) and they are green and white our school colors. but every season we try and get a new outfit. but we are ghetto poor! so we have used past uniforms just to save some money for new ones the next season. usually all of our uniforms are a different style; not all are differnent just a few are different styles but we all looked similar. usually same colors are used.
Poof BEGONE! Yo breath is too strong! OO step back! You need a tic-tac! OO yo a mess you need a little more...not a tic-not a tac..but you need a whole pack...BIOTCH!!!!

O'SIDE c/o "04"

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GuarDiva04 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:47 am

My freshman year(Janet Jackson), we all had the same design: pinstripe pants, suspenders, hats, but we got to pick a different white shirt. Sophomore year, we all had different shirts, not one person ahd the same shirt as the other, but they were all the same color/pattern. It did great things for that California show! Junior year last year, we all ahd the same pants, and there were 3 types of shirts... i like to call mine, the FAT girl shirt! LoL I didn't mind though it was cute! This year, we're all the same, wearing the exact same thing... it's different for me but I kinda like it. OoOo I lied! The boys have different shirts! LoL I like being very uniform when it comes to what's on our bodies but having creative liberty when it comes to hair and makeup!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:15 pm

GuarDiva04 wrote: I like being very uniform when it comes to what's on our bodies but having creative liberty when it comes to hair and makeup!
i totally agree...my coach tells us to do basically the same thing with hair and makeup...we have guidelines, but no really strict rules.

Nephthys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:33 pm

We're all the same...spiffy black pants and these really cool no-sleeve tops...I like 'em! :D
~ANIME FREAK~
*Walking on my dark trail under the Ebon Star*

Why does the plaque say Romona?

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:27 pm

Nephthys wrote:We're all the same...spiffy black pants and these really cool no-sleeve tops...I like 'em! :D

yea acually they r kinda gay shirts (in my opinion) but whatever. and we dont get to pick them stefani does, although these are better then the field ones

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:49 pm

colorguardchicken02 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:We're all the same...spiffy black pants and these really cool no-sleeve tops...I like 'em! :D

yea acually they r kinda gay shirts (in my opinion) but whatever. and we dont get to pick them stefani does, although these are better then the field ones

Usually gay guys have great taste... 8-)
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

goody girl of flag

costumes

Post by goody girl of flag » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:07 pm

For our costumes they choose characters from our personalities, and designed costumes for us according to our characters. All of our costumes are in different shades of green. If you havent figured it out yet, I'm in the Ida price Gaurd that is doing Hey Ya. :D
shake it like a poloraid picture

guardchixrok9

Post by guardchixrok9 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:41 pm

im in the price guard 2, and i think our uniforms rok! its cool that we dont all look the same. or nething alike, 4 that matter... :)
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth.

Be alert - the world needs more lerts.

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup? - John Mendoza