-give your opinion-Is a "Showy show"a good show

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

classicflag

-give your opinion-Is a "Showy show"a good show

Post by classicflag » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:02 pm

I know you are probably thinking that i am sooo weird by posting this but i wanted to know something. Is a showy show, as in a show that shows things off but might not be a show that is good, a show that is apealing to you? I know it is to me but i don't consider it a show that will get you points! I mean it is cool and all and it might have an awsome theme but all that is to me is a cool show,and when a cool show dosn't have great content in it(as in work), it is weird to me that know one sees that!
---i want to hear your opinion
:)

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:35 pm

I really like showy shows. I know my parents dont appreciate them because they may not be as entertaining, but i love to see what kind of things a guard can do. Like last years Orion, it was a great show and it was really great with work and dance and everything, but they didnt get the points that they deserved for some reason. And i know that my parents didnt like it, but it was one of my favorite shows. So yes i do like showy shows
ya

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:36 pm

what do you mean by showy show? like the work is good but the theme is stupid, or the theme is funny, but the work isnt? please explain!!

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:38 pm

i meant a show that is good in work and everything, but not that great of a theme
ya

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:43 pm

o, gotcha!! i think those ones are cool and everything, but i just sorta think, what the heck? the whole time. they arent my favorite, but they are still cool.

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Showy shows...

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:04 am

Although a show with great work and a theme that isn't so thrilling can be boring, we have to look at the overall picture. Colorguard is an art therefore, the main focus of the show should be on the work and movement. I'm willing to accept that exciting shows are more fun to watch, but I still appreciate the hard work and dedication that goes into a show with complicated work. :D

<3 b r y t i n i
"It is my nature to join in love, not hate."
-Antigone

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:22 am

As a performer who knows the difficulty of the work, I can appreciate the shows with harder work but a less exciting theme. However, as a spectator, the exciting shows with a good theme are more fun to watch in my opinion.

colorguardfan4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by colorguardfan4life » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:58 am

Everytime I think of a "showy show", I think of like guards that do sharp shows type of show... I think Schurr High School is very nice, I dont kno if it's considered a "showy show" though... they're performing with lots of emotions so it's quite different from many shows this year. What do yu think? Have you seen em yet? They're freaking good.

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:51 pm

Depends on how showy the show is... :wink:
No regrets

guarddude
Veteran
Veteran

Post by guarddude » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:56 pm

What does that mean, "showy"?

Does it mean peppy music and cheezy smiles?

Does it mean subtle detail and quiet and beautiful?

Please define pro flavor.

GD