uniforms

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

uniforms

Post by guardee101 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:59 pm

hey, you might think this sounds a little stupid, but i have a ?. My guard always has the same uniforms from person to person, no variations. To the guards that have different costumes for each person, who chooses the costumes? do the performers choose which option they want or does the coach randomly give different people different variations and you hope that you get a good one.?

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:36 pm

well, i know for field, the instructor just chose the ones that they liked, and i think the people that made them for us just chose who to give what. We didn't get to pick our own, so some people weren't too happy. It's the same instructor for winter this season, so im assuming its the same as field
ya

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:11 pm

My freshman field we had three different colored uniforms that were basically the same. We'd be little groups that like separated on the field and stuff. Winterguard we had all different uniforms, they were red dresses, you might remember them from last year... kinda like the green J-Lo grammy dress thing with a leotard underneath. This field we all had the same, and same with winterguard. It kinda just depends on what our designer and instructor come up with.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

RBV_Rifleline

Post by RBV_Rifleline » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:45 pm

When we found out that we were having someone design our costumes all differentl, our coach showed us the designs and we got to pick which one we would like to have. But our coach actually got to pick which ones would look better on certain people. So not everyone got the exact one that they wanted, but we figured that she would know more about which one would look better one every person considering she has a lot more experience.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:33 pm

our guard was going to have different uniforms that were all the same color and our pants would match. we got to pick which one we wanted and we all picked the same one, so that ended that!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:50 pm

Well, my freshman year for winterguard we had like 5 different tops that the guard wore, and we didnt get to pick what style we wanted. our instructor picked the tops that complimented our body types, or at least Im pretty sure that was her intent! but yeah, that would be cool if we got to pick our own styles though.

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:51 pm

Well, my freshman year for winterguard we had like 5 different tops that the guard wore, and we didnt get to pick what style we wanted. our instructor picked the tops that complimented our body types, or at least Im pretty sure that was her intent! but yeah, that would be cool if we got to pick our own styles though.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:43 pm

Last winterguard, we were originally going to have the same. Then our instructor had a vision and we ended up with random dresses. We didn't get to pick, we just recieved them. I thought they were pretty but mine kept falling off at the chest and a slit up to my hip bone... it was a little open. :roll: [/b]
Uh-oh for life!

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:33 am

captain-lo wrote:Well, my freshman year for winterguard we had like 5 different tops that the guard wore, and we didnt get to pick what style we wanted. our instructor picked the tops that complimented our body types, or at least Im pretty sure that was her intent! but yeah, that would be cool if we got to pick our own styles though.
Ya, i think she was trying to make then flattering but it was a huge mess.....i started off with the backless halter one...that was all bad. i couldnt raise my arms without flashing someone. My second one was the tube top with the three straps, but my staps werent sewn on straight... :?
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:35 am

flagchild06 wrote:I thought they were pretty but mine kept falling off at the chest and a slit up to my hip bone... it was a little open. :roll:
omg! i need to send you pictures of my guards uniforms this year... :shock: we have matching ORANGE dresses....with uber high slits, and spankie pants!!! oh, and i cant forget to mention the stirrup tights. :oops:
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

dmode23
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dmode23 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:20 pm

we all have diffrent uniforms, and our coach picked out which people were gona wear what. im happy with my uniform, just glad :bleah: im not naked like some people on our team.....

Becky :knight:
True, i talk of dreams,
which are the children of an idle brain
Begot of nothing but vain fantasy.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:43 pm

Yeah last year, like flagchild said, there were no two costumes alike. We didn't get to choose. They were pretty but mine was too low cut, and when they made it higher, the slits all got higher too and I felt very exposed. Scaryness.

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:51 pm

I have had bare stomach uniforms before but I think that this year's uniform outdid all the rest. My top looks like a headband! :shock: It is tiny! The only thing holding it up is some piece of pleather that ties around my neck! We have all these crazy freehands under our tosses and let me tell you, one day one of my little puppies just may fly out! :oops: Ladies, try and stay away from these uniforms.

Sure, it's a nice uniform BUT it's a mighty high price to pay to wear that thing.

:hug: Tawny :hug:

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

okay!!

Post by cgmime32 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:20 pm

I hear ya on the tops! The idea is cute but goodness....thank god for Kristy's mom putting on the elastic at the top!!! Too many smimmies for what little I got :roll: Hehe...but I'm sure by the time the season's over, that's when we'll figure out how to keep those damn tops up!! Yah for the naked ones!!! Us four know what's up..heh..sad when you know how to move with your uniform without having your two friends popping out to say HI!! you'd better catch it!.. :nenr:

deanna :bleah:
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:06 pm

Yeah... The designer who made ours last year thought I was tall, and I'm only 5'3" so the dress was too long, so I pulled up the straps and the slit went up to my hip bone. Mind you the leotard short things would ride up... anyways, the uniform would slide down, if I didn't pin up my dress... "Hello bra!!!". It was so bad when my friend wore a Victoria's Secret bra, and she's a stick with boobs so we all kinda just looked at her like :shock: .

This year I magickally grew a chest, so my uniform is stretching and it rides up again haha, but we're all fully covered.
Uh-oh for life!