Gilroy Show

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Gilroy Show

Post by crack it » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:33 pm

Hey, I wasn't able to go to the Gilroy show cause i had practice. So what did you all think about the shows?
ya

dancingrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

oh man

Post by dancingrl » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:49 pm

I was at gilroy with my guard...overall I think most the guards had a rough time. :( The whole show had lots of drops, but since it was raining and three overhangs couldn't really help that one. It seemed like it was an off day for most.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:31 am

Our guard has a horrible history of injuries at the Gilroy Show. We were walking across the campus and we saw some paramedics, my guard was teasing me that they were there "just in case"..... luckily I didn’t get another concussion this year, but one of our captains got her hand/fingers hurt pretty bad.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:30 pm

Yeah, the Gilroy show for us always seems to end up with someone getting injured! When i went to catch my rifle 5 I caught it weird and it jammed my thumb so bad, i was basically crying through the flag feature, but luckily our performance 'faces' are supposed to look really sad. I also tripped on my dress in the flag feature and almost fell over ...I would say that gilroy last sat. was my worst performance this season. I know that our next show will be a lot better though, because we have two weeks to prepare for it, so yay!

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:06 pm

it didnt help that i felt sick ALL day, not that im feeling and better now :(
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by georgefan22 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:24 pm

Gilroys show had really cute trophies. Ida Price did well as usual despite the instructors making them ware stupid costumes =0) just kidding. Raiders A did a fantastic job as usual they are my best friends forever. Raiders open did okay they had faults but performance was super. Great Job everyone