NCBA circuit!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

CHSguardbandie

NCBA circuit!

Post by CHSguardbandie » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:06 pm

What shows are people looking forward to this season for NCBA? i used to be on the california high guard team, and i just want to keep up with the guard talk. from what i've heard from various team's, this is going to be a great season.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:34 pm

i always look forward to the Livermore and Granada High Show. i like getting to compete across town then performing for our own school. The home town crowd is always a huge huge perk...we always have our best performances at home because we have genuine smiles.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:04 pm

i'm looking forward to our show this year! we've never had one before, and it's gonna be really exciting!!! And I'm also looking forward to the escalon and rodriguez shows because they're new, and the foothill show because i do DM compettion there too, and, well, all of the shows! i'm so excited!
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

CHSguardbandie

Post by CHSguardbandie » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:30 pm

i was on our team the first year we had one too....it was so much fun. it's an experience you never forget, i wish you guys the best of luck this season!!

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:21 pm

thank you! good luck to you too!
Colorguard Instructor

soccermermaid

Sw!

Post by soccermermaid » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:50 pm

Dude, I totally forgot you had an sn here! *sniff* guard isn't the same with you and the rest of the origional princesses this yr, same with school. I actually have to act normal now, since u'r not here. It's weird being the oldest. Know which comp you coming to this yr? :D
And to actually answer the question I always look forward to Fairfield, since it's the first comp we compete in, it means the season has really begun!
Last edited by soccermermaid on Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHSguardbandie

Post by CHSguardbandie » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:55 pm

foothill? i thought the first one we competed in was fairfield. we always messed up the most there...it takes a couple to get confident.
Last edited by CHSguardbandie on Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:02 pm

As much as I dislike the ncba circuit, because there arent some of the awesome independent guards to watch, and the judging techniques are different, Im excited for the Livermore/ Granada shows too! i remember that was my very first guard performance ever, back in 99 at livermore...sigh the memories. anyway, I dont really know who Im looking forward to seeing...I guess Im excited to see all the middle school routines that my friends wrote like junction, east avenue and mendenhall's guards! heh... :)

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:40 pm

I am so confused on why they put the Rodriguez show and Pageantry on Parade (POP in Fairfield) on the same day. I mean it's weird...

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by engineer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:39 pm

From what I understand it's a double show, like Livermore/Granada. It's a good way to get a lot of schools to attend the shows.

Livermore/Granada were my favorite shows of the season. They weren't far from home, just over the hill, and a Chevy's was always near by.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:54 pm

Yup, we have a chevys off of first street (livermore high is off of first street) :wink: incentive to attend anyone?!
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:42 am

im not in guard lol but in percussion we see a lot of guard shows while guard is off practicing and we're on break we'll go in and watch guard shows and last year i really liked benicia's roxanne show or whatever it was called i dont remember the name but benicias guard is really cool. i loved last years show cuz it had like a story plot going and everything was just really cool. so props to benicia lol and we met some guys from their guard. they were really awesome. i dunno we just took a partial liking to benicia last year lol so im lookin forward to seeing them and... i think was... south san francisco? i think thats another guard we thought *me and my friends lol* was good. so i wanna see their show. and of course our guard's show cuz i havent seen it yet and so far they think its pretty amusing lol
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:51 pm

heh thanks! i'm one of the guys from the benicia guard, although i don't know if i was the one who met you... we have 5 guys in our show again, but 2 of them are new, as the other 2 graduated. we just had our first show tonight, and it was fun! what competitions will you be at? good luck with percussion!
p.s. i really liked your guard show last year too. i loved the cubes!
Colorguard Instructor

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:22 pm

last year we met one of the guys in yer guard i dont remember his name but he was one of the 2 main guys in the show last year that was involved in the whole 2 guys fighting over the girl thing lol that was adorable btw and he played alto in band. thats all i remember lol but yea yer show was awesome and i cant wait to see yer show this year! glad you liked our guard's show! hope you like this years show. i still havent seen it but its gonna be... interesting lol good luck this season! and thanks for the good luck to percussion lol we're getting stressed. we appreciate it lol
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04