How often does your band go on major trips?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

How often does your band go on MAJOR trips?

Every Year
51%
Every 2 Years
23%
Every 3 Years
6%
Every 4 Years
17%
Every 5 Years or More
3%

Total votes: 35

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:15 pm

i wanted to do that europe trip, but my summer was busy anyhow. glad you had fun:)
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Major Trips

Post by BlueStarMom » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:14 am

In my daughter's 4 years in marching band, the band competed at Bands Of America Las Vegas Regional 3 years out of 4. In April 2002 about 80 members, with 20 additional teacher/parents went to Jiangmen China. They had several performances. This year they participated in Magic Music Days at Disneyland in Jan.
BlueStarMom
:)

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:11 am

At UCI we make the annual trip up to UC Davis for the Battle of the Bands with UCD, UCSD, Berkeley, Stanford and Humboldt St. It's hours and hours of straight playing until the police kick us out. The past two years has been fun and it's great to meet other college band peeps.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

bari_benzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bari_benzo » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:33 am

At Ramona, we usually went on some sort of trip once a year. Froshman year was Hawaii, I don't think we did anything my sophomore year due to booster/director relation problems, Junior year we were in Florida & Las Vegas, and Senior year we were in Catalina and Las Vegas. Then my Senior year I went out to Indianapolis for the BOA Concert Band Festival and then to Japan that summer with the BOA honor band.
At RCC in the Wind Ensemble, we had one trip every year. My first year was to Reno & San Francisco, next year was Tokyo Japan, then the following year was Hawaii.
Eddie E.
rccband.org Web Administrator
Ramona (Riverside) High School c/o 1999
Suita City Wind Ensemble - Clarinet

crazypepsarecool
New Recruit
New Recruit

Goin places

Post by crazypepsarecool » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:58 pm

Well we usually go every 2-3 years. Two years befor my freshman year RBV went to Australia and last year (my freshman year) we spent a week in Pasadena for the Rose parade plus we went to Vegas for a weekend in November. We didn't go anywhere this year but we are going to England and Scotland in the summer of 2005. :lol:
Kick Donkey!

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: Goin places

Post by formermarcher » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:15 pm

crazypepsarecool wrote:We didn't go anywhere this year but we are going to England and Scotland in the summer of 2005. :lol:
OO!!! Where about in England and Scotland are you going??? I'm from there, so I'm kind of interested in knowing what locations you are going to...
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

England and Scotland

Post by BlueStarMom » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:28 am

Last year in April 2003, my daughter (Class of 2003) was invited along with graduating seniors from the Riverside Unified School District's 5 high schools, to go along with RCC to the Edinburgh Easter Festival, during RCC spring break. She was a performer, and I was a "non-performer". We enjoyed many performances by other talented musicians and several other marching units from the U.S. We spent 4 days in Edinburgh, and 2 in London. It was a fantastic trip.

Is your marching unit participating in a festival? Enjoy both countries, they are beautiful places, with many wonderous sights to see and enjoy.
BlueStarMom
:)

MonsoonTrumpetSectLeadr05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MonsoonTrumpetSectLeadr05 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:55 am

mayfair tries to do a big trip every year-my freshman year was Las Vegas and San Diego, last year it was Hawaii, this year WAS goin 2 be New York, but that got changed to San Fransisco, and next year its back to Hawaii. what a way to end my senior year :) yep yep
Trpt 4 Life---!xus nayr

Danny1503

Post by Danny1503 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:13 pm

My band does a Las Vegas tour every year. They perform at several schools and they also do a parade in Henderson. I have not had the chance to go yet but from what I hear, they put on an awesome show. And it is even more interesting from what I hear because it is not a sit down performance. The band has dance routines and stuff like that, So I hope I am able to go this year except I don't wanna do the dancing part...I am lazy...LoL.

Daniel
*The Long Beach Junior Concert Band*

rockchick04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rockchick04 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:45 pm

PantherBandFreak wrote:i wanted to do that europe trip, but my summer was busy anyhow. glad you had fun:)
Yeah, I remember some Benicia clarinets that went. They were nice. :)
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind. '04!

Veria
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Veria » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:54 pm

our school does a "trip" every other year. Because of our school board, there's all these weird regulations and do's and don'ts and cant go here and stuff.. so last year they went to Santa Barbara for a comp.. then this year is the school musical, and then who knows where we'll go next year.. oh yes.. fun fun fun

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:50 pm

we trade of every year. one year, we go on a big trip, the next we go on a smaller trip.