WGI Riverside Reg.

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:14 am

flagchild06 wrote:I don't do it for the judges or the audience, I do it for me, my guard and my friends that come to see me. Guard is about fun for me, I wanna be good and I wanna win but I just wanna have fun, too!
See I agree with that too because the crowd won't always be there so you can't depend your performance on that! For example: the crowd at RCC was way louder than the one at CSUSB. It's not something you can depend on. You're fortunate if you have it!

flagchild06 wrote:Oh and BK made me sad... one of the boys on their guard had better legs than me :cry: :cry: and I felt like I failed as a girl, cause my legs are like the only girly dainty thing about me. :P :D
LOL!!! You're funny! I think it's funny because I have a feeling who you are talking about! :lol: BTW, you aren't the only girl that feels this way!

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:39 am

cggirl353 wrote:
flagchild06 wrote:Oh and BK made me sad... one of the boys on their guard had better legs than me :cry: :cry: and I felt like I failed as a girl, cause my legs are like the only girly dainty thing about me. :P :D
LOL!!! You're funny! I think it's funny because I have a feeling who you are talking about! :lol: BTW, you aren't the only girl that feels this way!
I'm not the most girly, I'm very tomboyish actually and usually I'm "one of the guys" but people always told me I had nice legs, so I felt okay in a skirt. Then I saw the BK boys who were parked next to our bus and it made me sad.. He was better groomed than me and stuff and I felt like a failure as a girl! I had a mad urge to find a teacup and hold up my pinky... I don't know why, but I figured he'd just look wierd doing it. :roll:
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:26 pm

flagchild06 wrote:I don't do it for the judges or the audience, I do it for me, my guard and my friends that come to see me. Guard is about fun for me, I wanna be good and I wanna win but I just wanna have fun, too!
Same here. If the audience and judges like it too then yay for them but I pay all this money and do all this work for myself and my guard, and how fun it is and that feeling you get when you finally are clean and good and yeah.

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:21 pm

sabrebatgirl wrote:
Same here. If the audience and judges like it too then yay for them but I pay all this money and do all this work for myself and my guard, and how fun it is and that feeling you get when you finally are clean and good and yeah.
quoted for emphasis
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.