wgi riverside regional prelims

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

wgi riverside regional prelims

Post by iminguard » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:49 pm

whats everyones thoughts on the prelims tonight at rcc?
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

Gottaluvguard15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Gottaluvguard15 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:52 pm

uh....N.L.(ALL GUY GUARD!!!) and James Logan rocked!!!! so many....
"Sing like no ones listening, Dance like no ones watchin, and live every day like its your last!!"
-Twilight

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:15 am

Northern Lights was SO great! They were wonderful, i'm not sure what their show was about, but i think it was about them all trying to get the guys attention in the middle, i'm not sure.
James Logan was really great too. I loved the consept on how when they took the head phones off it would change music. It was great
Carona did really well also. they have really hard work.
I was a bit upset that i didnt get to see Pacific Crests show for a thrid time. Cause i saw them and they had their costumes. and i really wanted to see them, but we had to change into our costumes!

Great Job everyone! It was so exciting
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

colorguardfan4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by colorguardfan4life » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:11 am

What was everyone's favorite shows? I really liked Schurr hs's performance...they even made it to finals! :) I was so excited to watch them.

Fantasia was interesting too...i loved it! Northern lights were SO neat too!

ColorGuardFreak123

Ugh

Post by ColorGuardFreak123 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:47 pm

Wer Couldve Done WAY Better :oops:

saberspinner

Post by saberspinner » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:37 pm

NL's show is about the moive Road to Perdition. you have to see the moive to kinda get it but if you got to there website it explains it there. i love it i was the best one there last night. i do not get fantasia show it said something about being invisible, y do you need chairs to be invisible. to me it looked like they where playing musica chairs well if anyone gets there show and you explain it to me!
Attitude is the mind's paintbrush. It can color any situation!

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:19 pm

i read it, but i still dont really understand the guy in the middle just standing there
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"Pacific 231" 2004

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:25 pm

was northern lights in a bus that had a sign that said perdition on it cuz i thought it was really cute. umm did anyone see trabuco hills cuz im curious to see what you all thought
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:02 am

were you guys willy wonka?
at first i thought you guys were Whos from Whoville cause of the swirly poles.
but then someone said you were supposed to be like Umpa Lumpa's in willy Wonka. which makes a bit more sence cause the peppermint standy things on your floor. It was cute
is that right?

Woodbridge HS -
"Pacific 231" 2004

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:07 am

we were the people with the willy wonka music but we wernt umpa loompas... the show idea came from candy land (the board game u played when u were little) i dont even really know exactly what were supposed to be. were like little kids tho
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:20 am

I thought NL were the best out there this weekend! Their show was incredible. In my book they were on top of Fantasia. I hope that NL continues doing what they are doing because I think it's a winning show! Keep it up and good luck!

:hug: Tawny :hug:

lilmvsabre
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lilmvsabre » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:44 am

i only saw finals, but i loved NL. they were incredible. fantasia was good too. corona has a pretty cool show. i love the props that they have. and the really pretty purple/blue flags. james logan's world guard was amazing. an 87 already....what did everyone think of the scholastic open guards? i didn't get to see any because i was performing.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

csusb comp

Post by RifleLova » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:55 pm

This is all for finals performances:
SO guards i saw/remembered
Chino HS was pretty good! i didn' really understand the show but that's fine.
Valencia didn't have a great show but their recoveries were great!! A missing ball here, a rifle catch there...and they were so good at covering it up. I like their show too.
James Logan Open had an ok show to me, i didn't think they were all that good.
Mission Viejo was pretty good, they dropped more than i expected from them though.
IO
Esperanza de Luz was ok, i didn't really like the show too much.
Black Knights were great. I could tell that the soloist at the beginning had a scared face when he tossed but began to smile and regain his pride once he caught the saber toss beautifully. They have a lot of good performers in that guard and i can see them getting very very good.
Blue Devils is sorta fading from my mind so i have nothing saying there...
SW
Arcadia was kinda cool, i have to admit i like last years show better. They had a significant move from last years in this years show too.
Ayala's show was very fast and i think that's great that they can go at such a high speed and still maintain good performance skills. I like their floor and their backdrops.
Clovis West had a nice show but i sorta like last years better...
Mt. Carmel's fading too...
Rancho Bernardo was awesome! Their show and airplane theme was great. They were pretty clean and have great performers. There's a lot of cool things they do that just stupify me!
James Logan World is just so simply amazing...really!! I like the whole head phones thing...closing out the sound sometimes. All of them are such great performers, they're magnificent. I love their theme and they way they end their show.
IW
Corona has a good theme to me but yesterday they didn't perform their show to the best of their ability or atleast it's not as good as i've seen it be. They had more drops than usual, it was weird!
Esperanza de Luz's show was awesome!! At first i didn't understand why one of the girls wasn't doing anything, just sitting on the stool then ran to the corner then back on the stool then stood on it w/ a rifle but finally she tossed and got back in the game. I've seen her since my freshmen year and she's like...the best!! She's such a great performer and great at everythin i wondered why they would'nt put her in the show when she's so vital to the program. But i get it now and that's a really cool show!
Lealta's show this year didn't move me like last years but it was still good.
Signature's show was...ok. I think the red costumes were too much. I didn't like the fact the soloist took so long setting his stuff and he seemed kinda confused on where he was starting. Btw, their starting positions were very...um...different...
San Jose Raiders were very good and i like their theme but it reminded me a lot of last years for some odd reason.
Fantasia has always been my favorite guard and always will be but i was so annoyed the beginning when they didn't do anything for 100 counts! But i do understand their show, it has to do w/ memories but what i dont understand is what it had to do w/ chairs. I like the show, i think it's cool.
Northern Lights were the stars of the day...to me! They were so great! It has nothing to do w/ the fact that they were all guys...well i guess that was cool BUT their work was awesome and they executed it well! It makes the girls have a bad name!! Its just that they caught everything so strong and had barely any drops at all. I loved their show, i can't wait to buy championships tape because of them. I love the movie Road to Perdition (which i bought recently because of them! although i'd seen it a long time ago) and i completely understood their show and it's just one of those shows you'd love to see over and over again. I can't wait to see them next comp that they're there and my guard's there!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

coachcheryl
New Recruit
New Recruit

review

Post by coachcheryl » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:01 am

Mt. Carmel's fading too...
What were your thoughts? I would really like to know.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:12 am

handgunsandsecondchances wrote:were you guys willy wonka?
at first i thought you guys were Whos from Whoville cause of the swirly poles.
but then someone said you were supposed to be like Umpa Lumpa's in willy Wonka. which makes a bit more sence cause the peppermint standy things on your floor. It was cute
is that right?
My friend came to a show and said we would give little children nightmares.

I like to think of us as a combination of little kids dressed up as the spawn of big bird and a toucan with Vegas makeup and hair.

Our show is based on candyland the board game like flagrat said, but we're just supposed to be having alot of fun with it, it's basically about being a little kid, that's why we get to stick out our tongues and smile at the audience. That and play with 'gumballs'.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.