Is it true that color guard dates drumline?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

tetzlaffdrummer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tetzlaffdrummer » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:17 am

yeah thats true all the drummers get the chicks and the bandos say the guardees are up to just get boyfriends but, it works for me cause they just get to drool over me now. I promised the last guardee i had sparks with that i wouldn't mess with another and so, i will keep that. Now i am actually going outside the Color Guard. Big step for me. :lol:
2001 - 4th bass (Troy)
2002 - 3rd bass(winter)
2002 - 4th bass
2003 - pit (winter)
2003 - 4th bass (El Dorado)
2004 - Bass Captain!!!!!

"Hail to the Mighty Troj"
"Do it for the Troj"

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:49 am

Yeah see we can't do that cause everybody just dates everybody and over and over again in my band. We're freaks. That's why I don't wanna date anyone in my band. That and all the hot guys left :roll:
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

oh yeah...

Post by cgmime32 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:55 pm

So, being that I've been marching in colorguard since I was 13, all I've ever dated have been drummers. I will admit that I have strayed to "jocks" once or twice but I've always been back for the cuties the the beats...hehe.. :drums: It's a true fact...drummers are usually the most fun and so it attracts the eyes of the guard chicks who might be at the back of the field with the line doing nothing but watching the brass or the pit get worked with..hehe...just an opinion :wink: thanks for listening..good luck to everyone at RCC this weekend!

deanna :wav:
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:41 pm

Thanks deanna. My guard is probably going to need it :roll: , I mean that lovingly.

Anyways, I'd rather date other schools' drumlines.. me and my friend are in love with Etiwanda's. I donno, my drumline just does not do it for me.
Uh-oh for life!

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:06 am

some of our percussion does. id say... probly 7 have/are dated/dating color guard ppl. but not a lot considering theres about 44 ppl in percussion lol but yea at our school, generally we say that dating anyone besides other drummers is "against the code" but then again we also believe that the code is "more like guidelines than actual rules" teehee! :wink:
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

tetzlaffdrummer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tetzlaffdrummer » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:42 am

i alwayz thought that dating within the drumline is against the code because your like a family. Thats great though if you guyz are like that as long as you dont get ticked at others and hate exs. If you know what i mean.
2001 - 4th bass (Troy)
2002 - 3rd bass(winter)
2002 - 4th bass
2003 - pit (winter)
2004 - Bass Captain!!!!!

"Do it for the Troj"

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:47 am

nah its usually all good. although you bring up good point. we are like family so dating within percussion is kinda like dating yer sibling. which would be gross if we were biological family. but you kinda forget about it and yer relationship with that person becomes more like best friends and then moves into bf/gf sorta thing then its kinda like "oh yea my brother is dating yer sister" lmao our drum captain has been dating a bassist in drumline since his sophomore year but she graduated last year. we predict they'll get married lmao
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:54 pm

Okay, this topic is starting to get annoying since . . .

1) It's obvious why colorgaurd girls hook up with any guy in band/drumline - the girls in band see how dense the guys are on a daily basis in class and know better (a noteworthy exception is in corps, where the guy/girl ratio is way outta whack)...

2) The "I've got 5 girls drooling over me/I've dated every guy in the drum line" macho/slutfest isn't flattering anyone...

3) Dating a girl in your own section is NOT like dating your sibling!! Granted, drumline/band/corp may be family-like, but it ain't your family, okay?

Alright, so the last point was a touchy one for me since I dated (and married) almost exclusively within my section, but c'mon folks, are we really that interested in the love life of, say, some school-switching junior who's still on bass and still goes by his jr. high sn?

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:21 pm

Not to sound like a four year old, but you seem not too nice. We're highschool kids, we're just messing around and having fun..
Uh-oh for life!

jrichmond68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jrichmond68 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:39 am

From what I've seen/heard, guard girls will date anything that remotely resembles a man.

Euphoniums Rule!!!
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Euphoniums Rule!!! » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:53 am

That's sort of a weird phenomenon and in fact our drum line section leader seems to be warming up to our open guard captain but I'm not really quite sure.
Hi! I'm glad to have met you!

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:48 am

jrichmond68 wrote:From what I've seen/heard, guard girls will date anything that remotely resembles a man.
Will you date anything that remotely resembles a woman?

Hate to break it to you guys, but uh, guard girls aren't exactly the dumb slabs of beef you've been implying we are. Most of us are actually quite smart and have standards :shock: haha. Atleast me and my guard do.. if I dated anything resembling a man, I wouldn't be single now, but I'm waiting for the right drummer boy :wink:
Uh-oh for life!

phlpngeek04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by phlpngeek04 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:09 am

well our drum captain dated our colorguard ummmm instructor. not quite a captain. we have like three 'section leaders' for guard.
Cpl Fontilara
USMC
Currently at MCAS Miramar, San Diego, CA

tetzlaffdrummer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tetzlaffdrummer » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:26 pm

Teever wrote:Okay, this topic is starting to get annoying since . . .

1) It's obvious why colorgaurd girls hook up with any guy in band/drumline - the girls in band see how dense the guys are on a daily basis in class and know better (a noteworthy exception is in corps, where the guy/girl ratio is way outta whack)...

2) The "I've got 5 girls drooling over me/I've dated every guy in the drum line" macho/slutfest isn't flattering anyone...

3) Dating a girl in your own section is NOT like dating your sibling!! Granted, drumline/band/corp may be family-like, but it ain't your family, okay?

Alright, so the last point was a touchy one for me since I dated (and married) almost exclusively within my section, but c'mon folks, are we really that interested in the love life of, say, some school-switching junior who's still on bass and still goes by his jr. high sn?
Dude i dont know what your problem is but, i have a few things to say. First of all this sn is from my freshman year and no one gave it to me i just couldn't think of anything else for a sn name and just stuck with it. Now i use it for everything. Second, its just a topic so chill out dude. I brought it up so that people could chat about it not because i really wanted to know. It is nice to know though that your section is not the only wierd section in the world you know. Finally, the reason i have played bass since my freshman year is because i chose the instrument because bass i think is much more entertainment then anything else. You can have a lot more fun with it. I cant play it anymore so this marching season i will probably play snare. When i came to El Dorado i saw that they needed bass and i had played bass for 2 years so i went to bass again and basically turned the line into a much better line so that it didn't have trouble doing quarter notes. We do 32nd now. So if you dont have something nice to say then dont say it at all. :lurk:
2001 - 4th bass (Troy)
2002 - 3rd bass(winter)
2002 - 4th bass
2003 - pit (winter)
2004 - Bass Captain!!!!!

"Do it for the Troj"

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:55 pm

So yeah back on topic and away from drama-ish...

Guard and drumline date because they're usually the hottest. I think we can all conclude that... I just lack a hot drumline :shock: Anybody wanna transfer? :kiss:
Uh-oh for life!