RCC past president passes away. Asks for band to play

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

bari_benzo
Rookie
Rookie

RCC past president passes away. Asks for band to play

Post by bari_benzo » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:32 pm

This letter came from the RCC band room yesterday.
Dear band members - past and present...

It is with the greatest sadness that I have to tell you that our former RCC President,
Dr. Charles Kane, passed away a few hours ago, quietly, at home... surrounded by his family. I hope you will join with me in honoring his last request - that the RCC Band play at his memorial service.

Please check the band website for more information! I really need your help on this.
This is the person responsible for everything... for our very existence. Without Dr. Kane,
there would be no RCC "Marching Tigers." Can you imagine how different your life would have been without the RCC Band... and the things we've done?

MEMORIAL SERVICE - this Thursday, February 12 at 2pm
Grove Community Church
5320 Victoria Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506

We have been asked to play the RCC Fight Song... and the USC Fight Song. In this way, his family feels that we will be representing his lift - his years of attending USC and his years of attending and later becoming the President of RCC.

Let's meet in the parking lot at the church at 1:15pm this Thursday to play over the two tunes before the people arrive. Alumni - just dress appropriately ... and current and past band members who have uniforms - they will need to be clean and organized. The correct shoes and socks would be nice, shako and plume.

I NEED YOU!
This is a very important thing... our last chance to say thank you and goodbye to the man who made it possible for us to exist.
This is a great loss, and I feel bad that I will not be able to help. But any members past or present on this forum... help out.

Till later...
Eddie E.
rccband.org Web Administrator
Ramona (Riverside) High School c/o 1999
Suita City Wind Ensemble - Clarinet

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Dr Charles Kane

Post by BlueStarMom » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:56 pm

How sad for the RCC community to have lost Dr. Kane. I am sure those who knew Dr. Kane will be remembering him in their prayers.

I hope as many past and present RCC Marching Tiger members will be able to participate. My daughter is at college, and like you unable to attend.
BlueStarMom
:)