Valencia Show...

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Valencia Show...

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:50 pm

So...how did everyone like the show? Which schools did you like? Were there any that just impressed you?

I only saw the first half of the show, and I was impressed by three schools the most. They were: Narbonne High School ('Pirates of the Caribbean' Show), Esperanza HS Varsity, and Los Alamitos (I think they were the ones with the snakes). So, yeah...if anyone has any comments about the show, I'd like to know.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:58 pm

i got to see Black Knights for the first time. They were awesome!!! Jurupa Valley, Schurr, Valencia, and Fountain Valley also did really well. Does anyone know who did the Monopoly show? That was so cute!!!

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

monopoly

Post by iminguard » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:41 pm

i believe the monpoly show was done by la qunita it was so cute!
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

Gottaluvguard15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Gottaluvguard15 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:20 pm

I really enjoyed the show ^_^ some we're just "eh...." but others were prtty kewl too!! Black Knights were awesome though, they're one of my favorite guards!!!!
"Sing like no ones listening, Dance like no ones watchin, and live every day like its your last!!"
-Twilight

Tinkie

Valencia Show

Post by Tinkie » Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:51 am

I really liked Pacific Crest winterguard! Their show was so cute, and they performed it really well. I also really liked Corona, they have some REALLY hard work!

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:53 am

i went and watched. Alot of my teams guard members watched and the anouncer lady thought we were a guard that performed
so she said over the loud speaker that performers need to be in the back and said she was looking at them right now
haha she was looking at us.. but we showed them our wristbands or whatever
anyways

La Quinta's Monopoly show was cute i loved the floor

Fountain Valley's show was.. weird.. i mean i loved the fence moving and stuff. but the music was just.. weird... i thought the fences were cool and the begining was really cute, and the ending

El Dorado Varisty (i think it was varsity) was really great. Damn their costumes are cool and they really can perform. They got into it. And their Rifle line was pretty damn goood. I didnt stay for awards, but i'm sure they probably won.

Cerrito's was pretty good. Their rifle line was pretty good

Loara's show was sweet. It was like a dedication to moms. That was cute

Cypress kind of scared me with their faces. like, their facial expressions scared me cause they looked really angry. Especially the girl at the end how goes down to the splits and almost hit her head on that hollow cube.

Impulse kids have some character. I've met like 3 of them and they are just some funny kids. They are great performers and their show looked really fun

Now was 710 WinterGuard a jr. high winter guard? They looked very nervous, but there were 2 girls on their team that were SO cute.

and Pacific Crest was really good. I liked the friends theme, it was cute

I liked Valencia's balls. I thought those were cool. I dont really understand the show. The ending flag ensemble was crazy, the drill there is speedy and wow.. and i think in their show they had all the running in the back and the rifles in the front. wow. that was crazy. It was like there was an endless amount of people.

Good job to all the guards that performed..
My teams first competition is next weekend! Los Altos H.S.! I'm excited!
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

thanks

Post by cgmime32 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:00 am

Thanks for the comment! It helps to hear that people like what you're putting out there..I know we've been working like crazy to do well since we got bumped this year...good luck to u all!

:cool2: deanna
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: thanks

Post by cggirl353 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:30 am

cgmime32 wrote:Thanks for the comment! It helps to hear that people like what you're putting out there..I know we've been working like crazy to do well since we got bumped this year...good luck to u all!

:cool2: deanna
I agree. I also wanted to say thanks for the compliment. It's nice to see that all your hard work pays off. Hopefully it just goes up from here.

:hug: Tawny :hug:
BK '01-'04

go go rifle go
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by go go rifle go » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:47 pm

i agree that it's always nice to hear good feedback from people about the show. so thanks for the nice compliments everyone.
friends... ya know!

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:33 pm

Does anyone have any comments on how the Regional A & AA teams did? I saw like three of those routines and I'm interested in hearing what others thought about the rest of them.

go go rifle go
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by go go rifle go » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:25 pm

narbonne hs did a really great job. they were in regional A, and did the pirates show. very cute.
friends... ya know!

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:30 pm

I thought that Narbonne did a good job too. I liked their routine...it was funny. I especially liked the girl who did the roll on the ground...i thought that was cute. I heard that they don't have a choreographer at all and that one of their captains choreographed the whole routine...in that case...all i have to say is deng! They're pretty good for a Reg. A team though...them and Bellflower and Los Alamitos!

I also liked Esperanza Varsity. I thought they did a good job too. Their tosses are incredible. I can't do half of them :D Well...I can't wait to see those two teams perform again!
Impulse Drum & Bugle Corps
Color Guard '04

Los Angeles All-District Honor Band
Coach 2004-2005

eternalbando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eternalbando » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:22 pm

Ok, don't kill me, I'm a simple un-educated bando commenting on a guard competition...lol. I liked El dorado Varsity and JV, but I go to El Dorado, so I was destined to like it one way or the other. I was AMAZED at some of the tosses Black Knights and Corona did. I didn't really like Corona's theme, tho...it seemed a little if-y, but then, like I said, I'm uneducated in the ways of a guard competitions. There are some REALLY creative shows out there! I really liked the monopoly show. It was cute, and you gotta admit, VERY creative. I missed the Pirates of the Caribbean show...how was that? PC's show was really good! A lot of the guards don't seem to enjoy their shows...is that normal, or is it tough to remember the shows since it's so early on? It just seems like if they smiled more they'd do better....and believe me...I know smiling all the time is painful, but it just looks better. that's my take on it...I can't remember a lot of the shows and such... :(, but I thought they were all pretty good. :wink:
"Love must be sincere..." Romans 12:9

If I "have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
Hostrauser's Trivia Contest #3- 4th place

its all about the guard
New Recruit
New Recruit

hey edband..

Post by its all about the guard » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:04 am

sorry, pls dont feel like im about to shoot you for your comments but i was just a lil confused about your post, did you say that other guard members didnt like the shows their own guard had? or people didnt like the pc show?

RifleLineBritneySpearsLvr
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleLineBritneySpearsLvr » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:57 am

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone... it's soo great to hear that people appreciate eachothers hard work and dedication... sorry I wasn't able to see anyone else perform, but I hope you all had a great Show! And hope to see you in the future...

By the way.... Esperanza HS Show's theme is AWESOME :drop:, I just hope there aren't very many "Womens Rights Activists" watching, :duck: lol

See you on the Floor,
Chris
ahh Sh#@
Drop it like you mean it! lol