WGASC Division Question???

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

guardlover00

WGASC Division Question???

Post by guardlover00 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:01 am

At the Little Rock Show - the Regional AA classes went on before Regional A. I had always thought that Reg AA was higher than Reg A. But the scores for Reg A was higher than Reg AA. Does this make any sense? :?

Props to Norco High School and Little Rock Varsity! They totally rocked the show!

Does anyone know the song that Norco used for their show? That was sooo pretty... :P

Can anyone shed light on the classes - THANKS!!!

Lisa D.
When you are bored...

SPIN!

masterphatjd
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by masterphatjd » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:05 am

Yeah that was weird. Reg A is a lower division than Reg AA though. Maybe one of the guards had to leave early or something.

It was a great show though for only 13 guards. Go Littlerock! You guys did great! What a fun show.

Oh - and I think Norco's music was by Annie Lennox.
Jonathan Varela
Web Master
LHS Guard 2000-2003

guardlover00

Post by guardlover00 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:02 am

So the scores in Reg A were higher than Reg AA even though Reg AA is a higher classification?
I am just wondering because my guard was in Reg A and got beat by almost 15 points. And I was under the impression that Reg A was for beginners? And my guard is a beginning guard...all freshman.

It just doesn't seem fair, that's all.

Sorry if it sounds like I am whinning and I do not mean to disrespect any guard. We loved Norco - but 15 points is extreme.
I just thought my guard was in the wrong class.
When you are bored...

SPIN!

CassiopeiaFlare

Post by CassiopeiaFlare » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:18 pm

Although Norco Did score above anyone else doesn't mean anything. This Year Norco High School is doing so great cause they finally have a great instructor,Charles Brown, Who is dedicated to his guards. Finally the Girls woke up and decided they are tired of Going to a competition and being called Losers and what not. i was on the team during Feild season and part of winter season this year then had to drop cause I was lagging in school and before that I went to western High school but this year Norco High did score High in their competition and if you want proof look up the scores from Feild season for feild season we had a totally different instructor and anyone can say anything they want about norco but please refrain from calling them things to their face... inn our guard half is freshman during feild season we only had 4 people who knew how to do Riffle and I was the only one that knew Sabre thanks to Western High But our girls are truly trying to get up to championships this year and they are not "Sandbagging" they are just working harder then they have ever have worked in colorguard thank you

Stephanie Camarena
Norco High School
Guard 2003-2004
I CONTROL THE EQUIPMENT THE EQUIPMENT DOES NOT CONTROL ME!!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:05 pm

okay, i already said that i agree with what you are saying and all, but you already posted this exact same message. What's up with that?

CassiopeiaFlare

Post by CassiopeiaFlare » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:23 am

I posted that before I found out I could make a new thread
I CONTROL THE EQUIPMENT THE EQUIPMENT DOES NOT CONTROL ME!!

Puck
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Puck » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:52 am

Regional AA is a higher division than Regional A and in the majority of shows, RAA performs after RA. I have no clue why RA would perform after RAA at the Littlerock show.

As for the scores, each division has it's own requirements that they're judged on. You really can't compare RAA to RA scores because each division is striving for different goals. Just because RA scores were higher than RAA scores doesn't mean that RA guards are better than RAA guards. It just means that they're closer to accomplishing the RA goals than the RAA guards are right now.

I really wouldn't put much thought into it. Concentrate on your show, worry about the other guards in your own division, and have FUN!
http://www.wginsider.com/
Visit WGInsider.com for the latest WGI Rankings and more!

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." ~Will Durant

NHSGuardCap2

Post by NHSGuardCap2 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:52 pm

Hey guys as a member of morco i can say that we work hard for what we end up showing all of you. What my friends is trying to say is that it was not right of WGASC to tell our instructor that he was sandbagging us and That they didnt give us a promotion that we deserve. Instead we got a[/color] "reclassifacation"

Other than all that drama we are so excited and cant wait for the next comp on the 28th of this month. If yah'll wanna come and watch us it will be at Aliso Neiguel. Lates :blonde: :hug:
It you can't hang with the Guard Dogs join the Pit!

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:52 am

Hey guys, I don't know how all this drama originated but to anyone from Norco, I highly doubt that ANY guard member would ever consider you guys to be "sandbagging" your way to the top. Guard members just aren't like that, and if you have met someone like that I am truly sorry because that is not a representation of the majority of us. If you guys are starting to win, CONGRATUALTIONS! That is totally awesome. I kind of know where you are coming from because my guard didn't used to do well and this year we kind of came out of nowhere and I know it’s a lot of fun to do that! And speaking as a somewhat experienced guard member (I’ve been on guard for 5 years now) if a guard does beat us, yes we are disappointed. No body likes to lose, but I would NEVER blame the guard that beat us. Maybe they had a really good show, or have been working their butts off or the judges felt it was the best. When it gets down to it, you can't really analyze who should have won. Although everyone is completely welcome to their own opinions! And as for the score thing, it’s not uncommon for guards of lower divisions to have higher scores then the divisions above. Judging gets harder as you advance divisions, so it is harder to obtain the same score, does that make sense? Anyway, just to echo what puck said, all you can do is focus on having fun and doing your best. Best of luck to Norco and all other guards the rest of this season!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

NHSGuardCap2

Post by NHSGuardCap2 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:23 am

Thank you. You and me think a like. so whats the name of your guard
It you can't hang with the Guard Dogs join the Pit!

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:17 pm

El Dorado High School

We have two guards, JV and varsity and i'm on varsity.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

NHSGuarDog2
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by NHSGuarDog2 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:25 pm

So What is Your guyes guard name
Riffles do it with a BANG!