No Indoor Anyone???

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

No Indoor Anyone???

Post by Survivor » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:36 pm

Well hey there, Just wondering if there are any lines not doing indoor. I heard Etiwanda is not doing indoor this year is that true??? If anyone is not doing indoor what are you doing.....????

-survivor

lordjedediah
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by lordjedediah » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:45 pm

if etiwanda had a show like last year im glad they arent doing indoor

no offense to anyone

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

really

Post by curios0811 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:04 am

etiwanda is not doing it this year. they really good. their show wasent that great last indoor season, but it was enjoyable to watch. marching season they did good too. maybe next year.

DanielE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DanielE » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:21 pm

basshaterbutplayer wrote:if etiwanda had a show like last year im glad they arent doing indoor

no offense to anyone
Dude....that was offensive...Etiwanda was pretty clean last year...but SCPA is so focused on visiual, they ignore whats important, music. Did you notice how in SCSBOA they kicked some butt? But in WBA they didn't do so good? Wanna know why? Because more points are given to visual than it should be getting!

If you're gonna be dissing lines and saying how you're glad to see they're not performing, don't say anything at all.
Chino Hills High School Percussion Ensemble

Tenor:03-05

playclean1

Post by playclean1 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:24 pm

DanielE wrote
(Dude....that was offensive...Etiwanda was pretty clean last year...but SCPA is so focused on visiual, they ignore whats important, music.)

wow,,,,, Your instructors must be so proud of your comments. you might want to look at the sheets next time, Music ,Vis and effect.

Etiwanda ALWAYS!!! has one of the cleanest lines in so-cal. this year maybe in the country. Madd props to the boys in the 909, keep it up and blow me away agian next marching season.

Al Peralta

Quintana

Post by Quintana » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:35 am

Just to kind of add on to Al's reply...

First of all, the sc-pa scoring sheets are set up so that:
40% of the score is music (performance analysis)
40% general effect (in which music is a sub caption)
20% visual (ensemble analysis).

Music is the most important factor, and is definitely not ignored.

Second of all, visual design is a key element to the sc-pa/wgi circuit. To be successful from a competitive standpoint, you must put a fair share of work in to this caption. Drumlines not wanting to do this would most likely be more competitive in another circuit.

As for Etiwanda, from few times I have seen them in person, I remember them playing with great quality of sound, and appearing to have a good time doing it, regardless of whether their show was visually "competitive" or not.

Everyone is allowed their personal opinion on that, but to make a public statement slamming them, or any other group for doing what they do, IS offensive.

DanielE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DanielE » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:29 pm

Ok, let rephrase this for the people who have to make comments like "Wow...your instructors must be proud of your comments". I mean more is given to visual than it should.

I don't mean this offensivly, but that comment was sorta unecessary. You could of just said "Check the sheets", or something like that....geez...
Chino Hills High School Percussion Ensemble

Tenor:03-05

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:40 pm

I'm sorry to Etiwanda for bring that up it was just an example um so back to the main qustion is anyone not doing indoor and yes we know that Etiwanda is not doing it but wait i know RB never did it ether are they doing it this year because Matt Powers left???

fast 3's

Post by fast 3's » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:14 am

basshaterbutplayer Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:45 pm Post subject:
if etiwanda had a show like last year im glad they arent doing indoor
no offense to anyone
You must be out of your mind. These guys at least know what clean is. I've gone to at least one show that they've been at each season, and they are always the cleanest line in the lot. I went to the WBA show this year and these guys smoked some of the big boys from SCPA (although the score didn't reflect it.) I saw Mission, Ayala, and others, and still say that Etiwanda had the best quality of sound there.

I in fact wish that they didn't decide to take the season off because they are always a breath of fresh air in the world indoor drumming. Their shows aren't some story line you have to watch develop or wait 12 weeks to figure out , just clean beats, groovin hard... The loss of Etiwanda this winter is a loss for a lot junky like me...Those guys were fun!

Dave

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:01 am

guys guys guys, cant we all just get a long?

There is absolutely no reason anyone should be making bad comments on other lines. I'm going to lock this thread due to lack of staying on topic and putting down each other and other lines.