Color Guard instructors

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

How much do you like your guard instructor?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:34 am

Love
57%
29%
Dislike
14%

Total votes: 21

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

Color Guard instructors

Post by RifleLova » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:34 am

How does everyone feel about their instructor?? Do'u get along with yours? Does your instructor run it like a military or are things fun and is there space to breathe? Being in color guard do you get to have a life or does everything circulate around guard? Do you have practices on weekends and how long are they? And on weekdays too and is it hard to do your homework because you have so much practice?!??!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Yay, Mark!

Post by cggirl353 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:37 am

As far as my relationship goes with my instructor, well frankly I think it sucks! J/K I get along great with my instructor. He does not run the guard as if it were his own military but when it comes down to getting stuff done he gets it done. I believe that he carries himself very well with the group. I think that this is because the respect is mutual. :P We respect him and we are returned the same respect. I don't think that guard takes up too much of my time. When the season starts then it is a bit more intense. I don't think it completely takes over my life because over the years it has become a part of my life. Overall, I can't complain, at all. I have had instructors that are real jerks. :x I guess we all have them at one time or another.

:hug: Tawny :hug:

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:18 am

We recently got a new instructor for this year, she was flag captain for the two previous years. She is a great instructor and everyone loves her...only problem is the level of respect some people have for her. This years seniors were on guard with her for 3 years and it makes it difficult for them to treat her as an instructor instead of our quirky michelle which we have all come to love. Likewise i think she is having problems telling people no, or showing more authority as an instructor now. I dont think there will be any problems for this years freshmen and the incoming members after them. She was the middle school instructor for this years freshmen so they only know her as an instructor. I think a big part of this year will just be adjusting to everyone and the new situation.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:02 pm

Just a mild warning ... watch what you say about your instructors. Anything rude, crude, vulgar, offensive, or something you know your instructor would not agree with will not be acceptable.. I will delete posts if it gets to that, or if it gets bad I will delete the topic completely. So yeah, have fun. :lol:
World Of Pageantry Champion!

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:30 pm

i love one instructor and like the other. sometimes the one i like get very antsy and just point to ur drill and want you to read his mind but.... he makes us good ... really good
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:59 pm

I don't really know about how I feel about our instructors. I do know that I did not enjoy one of them sticking her finger up my nose, because I was frustrated OR her making me put my gum on my nose..

I can sooo spin with gum :D
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

yeah...

Post by cgmime32 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:20 am

I think that I've got a good relationship with our instructor. I did march with him for summer and that really helped me get to know about how he worked and what he would do to strive for the best. I might get frustrated sometimes with him but I really thinks that he helps pull the best out of me. I know the people I march with can vouch that everyone has their moments but when it comes down to it...it always works itself out. I want my ageout to be a great year...drama is overrated....but all and all, I really can't wait to see how this year will go...good luck to everyone...

deanna :wav:
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:55 am

ive warmed up to my instructor. i think that when i did feild season it was more ME then her cuz i was stressed cuz my dad was just leaving for a job in northeren california, and he was talking about moving. so i think it was more my fault then anything, but stephs pretty cool. i dont like LOVE her, i wont say that much yet, but she is pretty cool. sometimes she can be like...er, i guess most ppl call it strict, but ill say rude...mean...but shes ok 98% of the time.

(ok i hate this keyboard...im in tech. gah!) :wink:

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:37 pm

Our instructors have made us soooo much better than our old instructors did, so I like them. Even though they make me angry sometimes they have helped us as a group and that's what matters.

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:25 pm

yeah, i agree with you jen