CCGC Scholastic Evals?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

CCGC Scholastic Evals?

Post by GuarDiva04 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:31 am

Did anyone go to the CCGC Scholastic Evaluation and if so does anybody have comments? I am a little bit confused on Logan's show also if anyone could clear that up for me that'd be great! It's got some great work and nice elements but the show alltogether isn't... what it was last year. But I'm sure they will put forth another incredible season!! :lol:
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

katweston

Post by katweston » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:04 pm

Hi, I'm the coach of a brand new team that was at the evals last Saturday. I have just returned to the colorguard scene, so it was very interesting to see the new trends! For example, when I was involved as a performer in So Cal, it was the exception rather than the rule that a team would have a floor to perform on. On Saturday, from A class up, *every* team had a floor to set up and take down. Another trend I noticed was that there was not a lot of "happy" music. The shows tended to be very dramatic and modern in their themes.
This was my first chance to see Logan perform, and I thought both of their teams really stood out from the other guards. I'm looking forward to seeing the different guard's completed shows throughout the competition season! Good luck everybody!

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:40 pm

Lots of interesting shows in CCGC Scholastic this year.

My Favorites (the ones that I saw):

Ida Price Middle School: 'Hey Ya' by Andrew 3000. FUN SHOW!!!! Great performaces by the dancing divas.

Lynbrook HS?: "My Immortal" by Evanescence. Great emotional show. Should be good when finished.

Monta Vista HS: Blue Man Group show. Fun concept. Love the dancing.

LOGAN WORLD: Interesting Show this year... not your typical Logan show. No Brittney, Missy Or Bubba Sparxxx in the mix this year. Can't wait to see the finished product.
One mo again.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:24 pm

Anyone watch Granada's show? I wasnt able to go :cry:
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Matt4fun

Post by Matt4fun » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:21 am

good to hear Logan is leaning away from the pop music... a new style would be refreshing to see. don't get me wrong, they do that well, but its time for something new if they want to take it to the next level.

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:53 pm

I probably saw Granada's show, but i don't remember names, so refresh my memory and maybe i can help. :wink:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:03 pm

well, granada wore all black at evals (haha, but most guards did too) our song is called 'just a breath away' and its by peepshow, wich u guys probably havent heard of before. its kinda slow, alternative rockish i guess.

anyway: I enjoyed the show on sat. for the most part! I saw ida price practicing hey ya...very cute, loved all the energy they put out!
yes, i was a little confused with logan worlds show, what was with the traffic noises? i know theres a deep theme which im sure is really cool, i just havent grasped it yet! a lot of the common shows with the editied music, and people talking in the background? you know? the ones that try to make a statement...it seems like it would be hard to spin to someone simply talking. do u guys know what im talking about? i find those unusual, yet the performers are all still extremely talented. cool stuff...im glad winteguard comptetions are finally on a roll now! :lol:

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:53 am

Granada is a Scholastic A guard....like Lo said we wore all black. We open with everyone sitting on the ground except 5 dances standing...we also have two boys. (One is filipino and freaking awesome at flag...rifle...sabre... :roll: )
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

buSt A mOvE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by buSt A mOvE » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:22 pm

i really liked the shows at evals.....even though it wasnt the ususal i really like logan this year. i truely think that it'll be better then last years. it gave me way more chills then last year. and yeah i think it was lynbrook's show the evanescence one....that really seems like it will be great...i love that song and if they put as much emotion into the show as the song gives out then it will be mind blowing.... and of course go us!!!(ida price) it seriously seemed that every1 either did mixes, sad songs, or super slow songs....and ours is like non mix, happy, and super fast! indivituality. :D
Bust a move & then shake it like a polorid picture!

:lol:<-- it has a twitch!! ok i'm easily amused, so what!