Xbox pwnz j00 a11!!!!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Xbox pwnz j00 a11!!!!

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:20 pm

Oh man after playing on my roomate's Xbox in my apartment I got convinced to buy one for home. Hopefully after one more pay check I can get Unreal Championship and Xbox Live! kit to play online. I also can't wait till Halo 2 comes out. They plan to have a multiplayer option where you are part of one big planned out battle and not just some FFA melee. I'm also planning on getting Jedi Knight 2. Still depends on how much I make on my on campus job.

This is the only time I bow down to Micro$oft.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:12 pm

haha yea xbox is pretty tite. but wouldn't suck if you saw the infamous "blue screen" while you were playing a game?

i'm still debating between ps2 or xbox. its so hard :cry:

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:43 pm

nizmo wrote:haha yea xbox is pretty tite. but wouldn't suck if you saw the infamous "blue screen" while you were playing a game?

i'm still debating between ps2 or xbox. its so hard :cry:
Actually for the Xbox it's the green screen of death. Haven't seen it yet.

jrichmond68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jrichmond68 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:12 pm

i think, though i could be mistaking, that the "green screen" is your cue to install Linux on your x-box...

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:19 am

jrichmond68 wrote:i think, though i could be mistaking, that the "green screen" is your cue to install Linux on your x-box...
That'll happen when more materials on the internet are available of how to mod the xbox. Plus when xbox 2 comes out that's when I'm going to turn the xbox into a webserver.

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:59 pm

There are ways to put linux on an x-box already. I think that if you're going to put linux on it, use it as a webserver and such, it would be better to get a pc, since you can do all that and play games.

jrichmond68
Veteran
Veteran

Show me

Post by jrichmond68 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:28 pm

show me where you can buy a PC with a 733mhtz processor, 10gb HD, 128 mb ram, and a geForce card all for $200.
thought so.

-James Richmond
WiMdRsLl

dude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dude » Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:49 pm

[quote="[UCI]-Mike"][quote="jrichmond68"]i think, though i could be mistaking, that the "green screen" is your cue to install Linux on your x-box...[/quote]

That'll happen when more materials on the internet are available of how to mod the xbox. Plus when xbox 2 comes

XBOX 2!? woah...earllllllllllllllllllllly planning...but ive heard the next generation of systems...which will be in some time...are gona be crazy machines.

Band Fan

Post by Band Fan » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:55 am

I think it would be awesome to put Linux on an XBox. Its a freaking powerful system, and could make a really nice computer for $200. It’s kinda funny how Microsoft put in so many safeguards, and they have all been broken. Long live Linux. But anyway, I think that getting a PS2 would not be the best idea. They have some awesome games, but the system itself is outdated. It has the same graphics as a dreamcast. I know the platform is pretty cool with its games, but I expect the XBox to catch up. Once the games begin to utilize the system to its full capacity, it is going to be amazing. Well, those are my thoughts.

MonsoonTrumpetSectLeadr05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MonsoonTrumpetSectLeadr05 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:31 pm

hohohohoh XBOX! hahahahahahaha lol!
Trpt 4 Life---!xus nayr