All brass players, or people who want to learn brass...

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

triplettDIDDLE
New Recruit
New Recruit

All brass players, or people who want to learn brass...

Post by triplettDIDDLE » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:11 pm

The auditioning brass players were given three homework assignments by the new brass caption head until the next camp. One of them was to do this, get players to come to the next camp. Okay, here's my sales pitch to all those perspective members of the 2004 hornline: how awsome would it be for you to be a member of the last remaining true drum and bugle corps, to be a person who is a walking legend, the first camp is done, the second coming up extremely quick in Cheyenne, WY. I can not say anything about the corps or its musical selections this year, cause we aren't exactly sure yet. But if you are still shopping around for a corps? Stop looking!!!!! The answer is in Casper, Wyoming. If you want to be a badass... if you want to be a legend... be a Trooper.

caifbandfan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: All brass players, or people who want to learn brass...

Post by caifbandfan » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:27 am

triplettDIDDLE wrote:The auditioning brass players were given three homework assignments by the new brass caption head until the next camp. One of them was to do this, get players to come to the next camp. Okay, here's my sales pitch to all those perspective members of the 2004 hornline: how awsome would it be for you to be a member of the last remaining true drum and bugle corps, to be a person who is a walking legend, the first camp is done, the second coming up extremely quick in Cheyenne, WY. I can not say anything about the corps or its musical selections this year, cause we aren't exactly sure yet. But if you are still shopping around for a corps? Stop looking!!!!! The answer is in Casper, Wyoming. If you want to be a badass... if you want to be a legend... be a Trooper.
Dude, What do you mean "The last true Drum Corps"?
Don't get me wrong. I love seeing videos of the old Troopers, but please...
If you mean the last true Drum corps , you're talking about G horns, well,
This might be true. G horns have won DCI since 1999. Even the last two (at least) Div.II champs have played on B Flat horns.

triplettDIDDLE
New Recruit
New Recruit

yup

Post by triplettDIDDLE » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:11 pm

ya, bugles is what I would be talking about.
Last edited by triplettDIDDLE on Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triplettDIDDLE
New Recruit
New Recruit

good time to read this...

Post by triplettDIDDLE » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:33 pm

now would be a good time to read this considering that the next camp is in one week... just a thought