Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

JCYS
Drum Major
Drum Major

A new years wish...

Post by JCYS » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:31 pm

My wishes for the new year:

1. That everyone director has more kids in his/her program next year=lots of them! And that the progam continues to get better and better!
2. That school boards don't cut into more music budgets with the upcoming state budget cuts. Maybe they'll realize that adding money to band budgets gets them better test scores than more computers!
3. That EVERY kid enjoys their band/color guard experience as its happening instead of just looking back ten years from now saying, "boy those were great times..."
4. That all the concerts are great, all the festivals are superior, and all the parades and field shows are the best ever!
5. That every director enjoys and appreciates their band kids as much as I do! Lord knows they are not perfect, but I love 'em each and all.
6. That everyone comes to the realization that in the end, its for the kids, and thats the only thing that matters for the future.
7. That every band/guard kid and program is appreciated by his/her school.
8. That your band sight reads at Grade 5 perfectly.
9. That I never have to ever say again, in my entire life, "check the key signature.." :wink:
10. That everyone realizes that being a band geek (substitute bando, band nerd, or whatever goes at your school...) is the greatest thing in the world.
(as Bill Gates says, "Be kind to nerds, some day you'll work for one!)
11. That all competitions are friendly competitions.
12. That all judging is fair, just and accurate as is humanly possible!

HAPPY 2004!

Like most new years resolutions, I know that many of these are impossible to keep, but I will continue to hope with all my heart they come to pass!
Sorry to "wax poetic" on you, but it's New Years Eve!

Feel free to add your own wishes!

ILL~BE~BACH
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ILL~BE~BACH » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:28 pm

1. I hope that the Big Guy gets what he deserves for the post he put about my "trip" to the hospital......hehehehehe......Strattonism........good stuff!
2. I hope I get a command performance at Festival!
3. I hope our band has a great concert season and Stratton ends the sight reading pieces with us instead of before us!
4. I hope that all schools can get by with these dumb budget cuts. We almost lost our director and the whole band and most of the town and band parents fought to keep his job.
5. I hope everyone gets to experience a moment where you can watch everyone play and see the joy that music brings to them. It makes you feel good about being a band nerd, not that you don't already I'm sure!
LP/O Rocks!!!!!! Oh yes, we are, superior by far!!!!!

Q: How can you tell which kid on the playground is the child of a trombonist?

A: They don't know how to use the slide and can't swing.

http://lpoalliance.tripod.com

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:56 pm

those aresome pretty cool wishes............ :cry:

1.that the schools get more money for band and guard
2.all schools can get money to buy new uni's
Nothing is impossible with God!