Auditioning for a Corps?

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Nickybob
New Recruit
New Recruit

Auditioning for a Corps?

Post by Nickybob » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:20 pm

Hey all of you our there in World of Pageantry Land! Are you auditioning for any drum corps? If so, what corps? Also, what section (ie. sop, guard, front ensemble)?

I know that I myself will be at the SCV audition camp on November 29-31st, auditioning on mellophone. I'm curious to see how much of a drum corps following we have out there! :D

queen_colin

i am!! :D

Post by queen_colin » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:41 pm

I'm trying our for the Glassmen for the guard (rifle line to be more exact) I have to leave for their first camp on thanksgiving night and fly out to ohio from california :roll: ohh well, you do what'cha gotta do.. i'm really excited about it though.
"i strongly believe that the visual arts are of vast importance. of course i could be prejudiced, i am a visual art."
-kermit the frog

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:41 pm

*sigh*

My chances of doing drum corps are gone. Cuz of college, parents and money I can't march at all. Oh well I'll always be a fan. But if I did have a chance I'd probably do Impulse since they are close.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

crazymoflo
New Recruit
New Recruit

I am =)

Post by crazymoflo » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:54 pm

I'm going back to the Glassmen, HELL YEAH. This is our comeback year kids, count on it.

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

me too

Post by engineer » Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:15 pm

i'm trying out for SCV and BD for guard. Why both?? a lot of Cal Poly people are trying out for SCV and if i like their style (since they have a new caption head) i'll stay. BD, well....i've just wanted to march that coprs since my sophomore year in high school.

SRDM
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SRDM » Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:09 pm

Impulse people go to my school. I kinda like Drum Corps, but to be honest I dont think i'm cut out for that kind of dedication. It looks hard but I'll see how times goes for me and waht I'll end up doing. I might also join Pacific Crest after lots of advice from techs and stuff
Shamrock Regiment DM '02-'04

drumcorpmello
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumcorpmello » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:28 pm

Esperanza :lol:

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: me too

Post by Bandmaster » Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:02 pm

mRdJhay wrote:i'm trying out for SCV and BD for guard. Why both?? a lot of Cal Poly people are trying out for SCV and if i like their style (since they have a new caption head) i'll stay. BD, well....i've just wanted to march that coprs since my sophomore year in high school.
Alright, "Ride High You Mustangs"! I went to Cal Poly SLO from 1971-1975 and played tuba in the band under William Johnson. A great director! I learned so much from him. I hear he is now running Brass Band Ensemble at SLO. We had no music majors back then, but yet we still had a 120 member marching band that was pretty darn good. I hear they have started an alumni band, how's that going? Maybe I show up next year.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Whoa...

Post by engineer » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:42 pm

What a small world. You still know the words to the fight song, sweet. I don't even know the words to the fight song, sad really but then i'm in guard and well we don't sing. We do have an alumni band that performs with the band during Homecoming, both parade and pre-game. Everyone loves watching the alumni band in parade, pretty slick.
We have an 80 piece group 13 guard and 67 band. Our staff is David Rackley, Len Kawamoto (CP alum), Adam Wilke (visual), Zach Hubbard (percussion), Shelly Brantigan (guard).You should come down or up?? next homecoming and perform with them. Our tuba line with alumni was 13 people (9 band, 4 alumni)

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:46 pm

Did Cal Poly ever go to Battle of the Bands at UC Davis in the past?
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

not sure

Post by engineer » Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:03 pm

i'll have to go ask on that one. Cal Poly did go to UNR in 98 and Davis in 99. That's all i know, if you remember our uniforms they are green pants with cream jackets and a patch on the side that says Cal Poly.

drumstix379
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumstix379 » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:45 pm

I'll be returning for my third season as a member of Esperanza Drum and Bugle Corps :D Anyone in San Diego county (or anywhere in SoCal) should come on out to our first camp December 7-8 at Rancho Bernardo HS. Check out the website (http://www.esperanzacorps.org) for more info on auditions.

RK 8-)

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Its All about the RED AND GREEN!!!!!!!

Post by split5050 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:45 pm

I think my subject answers the question. I will be trying out for the rifle line at SCV next weekend. I hope I make it. Well I hope other people decide to march the best corps in the world!!!! c-ya there :lol:
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

JazzTBone123
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by JazzTBone123 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:28 am

I agree with drumstix379, Come check us out at Esperanza. There is a lot of talent in San Diego/Orange County that hasn't been tapped into yet! You can't hate drum corps until you march one year....Esperanza hotline: (858)391-1311

skankinmello
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Auditioning for a Corps?

Post by skankinmello » Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:48 pm

Nickybob wrote:
I know that I myself will be at the SCV audition camp on November 29-31st, auditioning on mellophone. :D

woo! Go mello!!

-sigh- I need a life of some sort
"Water isn't healthy, it doesn't have anything in it."