guard and eating disorders

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

colorguardchicken02

guard and eating disorders

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:44 pm

my guard loves having skanky lil outfits that make me feel fat, and im the biggest one on my guard. ive turned to bulimia to lose weight. its working, but i know i should stop. but its hard and i dont want my parents to know. any ideas on how to stop or get help? thanks.

dippindotsaregood
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dippindotsaregood » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:39 pm

1. Talk to them about covering up the uniforms and see if they can tone it down a bit. Or maybe your just over reacting cause even the skinnest girls sometimes think they're fatter then everyone. And besides... a lot of girls on guard don't honestly think they look good in costume.
2. If you can't stop (and i'm talking about if you're having ANY trouble at all), it's time to seek some help, it'd be a really good idea to tell you intrustor, assuming your close with him or her, i think that they could probably help you out the most.
3. If you still feel unconfortible about your weight, there are a lot of other ways to lose weight that are much safer. Remember that what your doing isn't a last resort. Maybe you could just try eating better foods, which is something a lot of us should be doing anyway cause it maintains health. Talking to your docter is really great idea cause he or she can get you on a diet that is customized for you, cause being doctors, they'll know what's best for YOUR own body.
There is no reason why you should be doing what you're doing. If this gets really out of control, you might look good in you're costume, but you wont be able to wear it cause your body may become too sick or weak to even be on guard. I'm begging you to please, whatever your opition maybe stop hurting yourself imediatly, no matter what your choose to do.

lordjedediah
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by lordjedediah » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:02 pm

well u took the first step tp stop

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:16 pm

Okay I'm one of those "You're not fat!!" girls, but I'm not the same shape as my friends. It's so much easier to lose weight if you have someeone there with you. Take a dance class or something with friends, it's a really good work out, and you get a better butt :wink: . Or you should start taking walks, like once in the morning and once after school or something. There's no reason to hurt yourself over looking good. If your instructor is going to give you some skanky outfit, tell her you have a problem with it. Eating better foods is easier, and don't have three huge meals, drink alot of water and have meals with healthy snacks, like celery or tomatoes or something. Just stop!!! Get someone's help! Someone you trust.

My captain called me fat this year, and she wears tiny little toddler sized clothes, so it hurt but I'd rather lose a pound a month in a healthy way than lose ALOT of weight fast by hurting myself.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:23 pm

ok first of all if ur also planning on this to be a long term thing keep in mind once girls reach 16 they lose weight. i have to admit i thought about becoming belimic when i joined guard but i couldnt do it. what you can do is try to cut down on chips cookies and definatly sodas. try to exercise more. if u have to ask for a mambership to a gym for christmas or your birthday. if this is ur first year in guard keep in mind that you will start losing weight with all the exercising. when i first started i weighed 170 and now i wiegh 105. thats prolly not tipical but yeah dont worry about your weight. were all different. if u need to tell ur instructor that you fell uncomfortable and if they are understanding they will most likely add somethign to make u feel more confidant becase if ur supposed to go out on the floor and act confidant u ahve to feel comfotable.

most importantly try to stop the bulimia it may be hard but you have the whole wop community here to support you and we have fait that you can do it. :hug:
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:41 pm

Keep in mind, if you're having trouble stopping, then you need to tell SOMEONE you know personally. It may seem hard but it's better than having your teeth and throat rot away because of acid. Like the people above said, there are better ways to lose weight and you can worry about that later but if you don't recover from bulimia now then you will have far worse problems. My friend's mom had bulimia and got to the point where she couldn't keep her food down even when she tried to.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:30 pm

You should never feel self-concious about your uniform...yes its ok to think the costumes are ugly but you shouldnt feel !! Last year we had two mormon s on our guard, and they had to be covered to a certain level. Our guard usually has several variations of the uniform. Sleveless, Cap Sleeve, 3/4 sleeve...or even diferent tops of matching color.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:06 pm

Sarah I know you are better than this, me being your ex and all you are perfect how you are. I need to talk to you in private gurly. IM me.

prettykitty
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by prettykitty » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:49 pm

I don't know how you look, but being in guard im sure you look fine. Here is something to think about though: your instructor wouldn't dress you in a costume that you don't look good in. So no matter how skanky it is, they wouldn't dress you in something that looks bad on you. :) Think about it, they wouldn't. ok? I hope you feel better. Please, ask for help with someone you trust for your eating disorder.

Nephthys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:31 pm

Oooo we will so go on the Chinese food diet!!! Its supposed to be healthy... Well...we will get the veggie stuff to...and no Soy Sauce (Well I don't like it anyway but I think its salty) So yeah. But how are we getting to the Chinese food anyway??? *slaps forehead* We'll walk!! HAHA! Exercise! Oh hell yeah!! *sigh* life is good....
~ANIME FREAK~
*Walking on my dark trail under the Ebon Star*

Why does the plaque say Romona?

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:49 am

Jade you crack me up. Im goin on a KFC diet :)

Nephthys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nephthys » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:55 am

Wonder if KFC is farther away...guess you could just drive anyway =P Maybe the Coleslaw is healthy...Ooo mix it with mashed potatoes and gravy...taste good all together...Wait a second...You on a diet?? Riiiiiiiight.....
~ANIME FREAK~
*Walking on my dark trail under the Ebon Star*

Why does the plaque say Romona?

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:01 am

Hey skinny people can go on diets too ya know, I think I gained a couple pounds over the break. now I might be like 135 pounds. lol

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:55 am

Now the KFC diet could really work. If I had to walk to KFC every meal, I would lose weight lol. Of course, by the time I got there it would be time for the next meal but o well.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:13 pm

Have you seen the commerical where the wife is telling her husband he needs to eat healthier and she is gonna put him on diet...his face looks something like this :shock:, until she hands him a bucket of KFC chicken. lol. Apparently its healthier to eat now...who knew!
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".