Mira Mesa Sapphire Sound

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Sapphire Sound 2007

Mira Mesa Sapphire Sound

Post by Sapphire Sound 2007 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:04 pm

Hello People,

I was wondering what you guys think of the Mira Mesa Sapphire Sound from San Diego, California.

Sixfdsteve
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sixfdsteve » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:33 pm

I thought you guys had a great show. For some reason while watching your show, I kept thinking how cool it would be if you did an early 80's Blue Devils type show ( La Suerte, One More Time, La Fiesta). I think you guys could have pulled off a show like that and blow the roof off the place......er, so to speak anyways! :D

Steve Elias
El Capitan High School Winter Line Instructor/Caption Head

hboyce
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hboyce » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:09 am

I went to Scripps. And Wangenheim, so I know a lot of people that went to Mira Mesa. Too bad I went when Scripps was getting worse and Mira Mesa was getting better due to that zoning thing.
As for your inquiry I wouldn't know. I've been out of the marching band scene for a couple of years. But they sounded good the years I heard them.
--Hunter

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:58 pm

My band is one of the smaller bands so I wasn't able to see your show at any of the competitions but from what I've heard it was great. Good luck next season :)

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:58 pm

Hey I went to Helix, and i know the heat was on all season between us, but i (along with the rest of the helix band) got to see your show at Championships and i enjoyed it. it was pretty clean. good stuff there