Drum Corps 2003 predictions

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

stbbdtpt3
New Recruit
New Recruit

Drum Corps 2003 predictions

Post by stbbdtpt3 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:19 am

I was wondering what everyone's predictions for this upcoming year is(DIV. 1). Do you all think Cavaliers can pull it off again or will some underdogs come and steal the light? Who will have the best package? We'll have to wait and see... :wink:

JazzTBone123
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by JazzTBone123 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:24 am

Based on past years performance, even though there is a different corps and show each year....my performance rating is:
I. Cavaliers
II. Cadets
III. Blue Devils
IV. Phantom Regiment
V. Santa Clara Vanguard
VI. Madison Scouts?

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:49 pm

The Cavaliers will be tough as long as they have Richard Saucedo working for them. The Blue Devils have been in the Top 3 nine straight years. The Cadets have been in the Top 3 ten of the past eleven years. Vanguard has added Key Poulan to their staff and looks to make a push. Phantom has been returning to their former glory. Brian Hickman has done wonders with the Glassmen. The top 6 in DCI is a crowded bunch.

My early prediction for 2003:
1. Blue Devils (they're due)
2. Cadets
3. Cavaliers (they're also due)
4. Phantom Regiment
5. Santa Clara Vanguard
6. Glassmen
7. Crossmen
8. Boston Crusaders
9. Spirit
10. Bluecoats
11. Madison Scouts
12. Magic of Orlando

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Hopefully>>>

Post by split5050 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:46 am

Well since my family is compleetly Vanguard I have to predict Vanguard to win. Even though they have been stuck in the Fourth place sandtrap I believe with all the new staff contributions Vanguard will be excellent. I am trying out for Vanguard in 4 days and I hear the turn out will be huge.
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

guardguy18
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardguy18 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:25 am

I agree with u split5050 Vanguard for some reason Vanguard is always stuck in 4th. they were way better than Cadets last year and in my opinion should have easily tied Blue Devils or even bet them out of second as for my predictions I think and it would be totally awsome to see Vanguard and Blue Devils tie for first again Like 99. Vanguard is due for the title and the staff will surely contribute to them moving up. Good Luck this weekend :P

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks....but

Post by split5050 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:52 am

I hope not. DCI needs to get out of the habbit of tieing corps. Its is so Anti-Climactic. I remember in 99 hearing that there was a tie. Everyone boooed and so did I from infront of my t.v. Then the following year another tie, then again and finally last year in 2002 no tie. Finally whew. I just think ties in anything ruin the effect. Sharing a title would suck. I know it souds selfish, but think about it.
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

brasshole

Post by brasshole » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:53 pm

I gotta think that the Blue Devils are gonna come out on top, not only because they are due but they have the heart and the talent to get on top, they are going to rock this season

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Almost every Corps.

Post by split5050 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:42 am

I think in my opinion that every corps has the heart to win at dci in div.1. Lets get real like doctor phil though. It dosent matter on how much heart you put into it. If it were that way there would always be a tie at DCI. Unfortunatelly it comes down to who comes up with the cleanest, most innovative show. I think when it come to the Heart matter you cant judge who has the biggest heart. All people regardless of what durm Corps. obviously has the heart or they would not have bothered to try-out, Log the hours of sweat, blood and tears.

P.S. This is not do discredit your post. Justa disagreement.
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:07 pm

One of the Cali corps has got to bring it back to the west coast.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Thanks....but

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:44 pm

split5050 wrote:I hope not. DCI needs to get out of the habbit of tieing corps. Its is so Anti-Climactic. I remember in 99 hearing that there was a tie. Everyone boooed and so did I from infront of my t.v. Then the following year another tie, then again and finally last year in 2002 no tie. Finally whew. I just think ties in anything ruin the effect. Sharing a title would suck. I know it souds selfish, but think about it.
Actually, I was there in 1999. Only about half the crowd was booing; the rest of it was people gasping in surprise or flat out laughing.

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:17 pm

I agree with u split5050 Vanguard for some reason Vanguard is always stuck in 4th.
Sorry, with no disrespect, that statement just makes me chuckle.

SCV 1985-1988 - 2nd place ('87 was one tough bullet to bite)
BD 1990-1993 - 4th place
SCV 2000-2002 - 4th place

It's nothing new. When BD was on their 4th place dynasty, I joked that they should've named that award in their honor.

Speaking of BD, when was the last time they placed outside of the Top 5? They are a true testiment of consistency.
-Stop global whining.

JazzTBone123
New Recruit
New Recruit

drum corps

Post by JazzTBone123 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:56 am

I take back what I recently wrote when I ranked the drum corps. I think BD, Cadets, and SCV are all due. Unfortunately I still am from the Rosemont/Chicago, Illinois area, so I have to side with the Cavies as my top pick.... AB :lol:

CorpsFanatic
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CorpsFanatic » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:11 am

I agree that Cadets, BD, SCV and Cavies are all gonna be great this season, but it's just too hard to call a prediction. 'Cause you never know who's going pull off what kind of show. I know BD's going to be great next year, as long as they stay on the path they're going. I remember that 2002 was the first show I really got into with them since 97. I keep watching it all the time. Cavies can only hold their position for so long, but they've done so well. I don't think it would be shame to anyone if any one of these corps took the 2003 title. I think if SCV brings it up a notch this season, it's going to be extremely close. I also am interested to see how Madison will do. They are one of my favorite corps. Even when they don't make finals :D ('cause they still rock!)

Schooper

Post by Schooper » Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:13 pm

Its going to be bd all the way. But if i don't make the front ensemble, its going to be cadets all the way :lol:
------------------------------------------------------
To all you SCPA folks, I'm not 40. Oh ya, and I marched mellophone for 4 years in first semester, and played pit for 4 years in second semester, and one thing, marching is harder.

someguywhodoesthings
Rookie
Rookie

Post by someguywhodoesthings » Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:55 pm

1. SCV
2. Cavies
3. Cadets
4. Phantom
5. Scouts

AND IN DEAD LAST......................THE TROOPERS!