what happens if you drop your stick/mallet & its your so

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:08 pm

What do you mean I have done something "different" during the show? Im glad you have never dropped a stick, but dont boast it like your the best because you dont use the bag. Every once in awhile you accidently hit your stick with one of the snare player next to you's stick. And we were hosting the review, so we didnt compete. It didn't suck me for me as much as youd think.[/quote]
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd

snare cadet

Post by snare cadet » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:08 pm

alright...sry buddy...ill watch what i say around "band people" peace out...

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:31 pm

i smell a freshie... :roll: (or a non-bando in *dr evil quote fingers* "disguise")

I think we all laughed when he said stop yelling :P

I always have a backup, but usually you only drop a stick from something that has changed, something you aren't comfortable with, or you 'have done something different during the show'.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Oh god

Post by curios0811 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:21 pm

You drop it pick it up. This fall season one of my tenors dropped his stick at a football game......lol. I was standing on the sidelines holding a pair of sticks and noticed that he dropped his. I walked on the side of the field during the ballad and when they halted i stolled on the field and give him a stick. It was the funniest things i think i have done as an instructor. Its okay Mihn get another patch for us.....................lol..................and no more clicken on the Rims, count mihn
Yo

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:51 pm

Ouch Minh :P

Starky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Starky » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:18 pm

During a comp we usually would just use our hands but thats kinda hard to do when your playing bass so we just make it look like wee're still holdin the mallet.
There is no reality in the absence of observation.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:06 pm

ouch was right... we had to do a drum change from snare to tenor (cuz it was part of the show) and my tenors got stuck in the j-bars... then trying desperatly go wiggle it free... my mallet dropped... :flush: good thing it wasn'y a comp!!! :lol: ... dont worry steve, i try to bring home another patch :wink:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

sexydrummerchic
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sexydrummerchic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:38 am

well i have never dropped a mallet, but i know that it sux.
stupid square peg too big for the round hole ..... ::gets bigger hammer::... i knew it fit somehow.......

sexydrummerchic
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sexydrummerchic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:32 pm

COOL!!! that rox
stupid square peg too big for the round hole ..... ::gets bigger hammer::... i knew it fit somehow.......

weezer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by weezer » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:44 pm

I've noticed that when you fall while marching, you actually grip the stick tighter :lol:, I guess that explains it, lol. I fell once during practice for field season and I had like a death-grip on my sticks, which is stupid becuase it's not like it's going to keep you from falling :P
So this dyslexic guy walks into a bra...

sexydrummerchic
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sexydrummerchic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:53 pm

am i weird or do you also grip them tighter when you have to take deathly large steps, or do something that is kinda difficult!?!

lordjedediah
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by lordjedediah » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:17 pm

PSH i dropped my stick like 5 or 6 times this season and it didnt really matter. Everytime i dropped it our drumline won sweepstakes :D

the reason i dropped it is beacse my bass didnt have a stick holder so my puuf would fall of when i was done using it and i was the only one wo used a puffy

did that make sense?

sexydrummerchic
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sexydrummerchic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:51 pm

i remember that!!! i almost fell over it one time!!! but true every time it fell, we won!! :D

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:02 pm

basshaterbutplayer wrote:PSH i dropped my stick like 5 or 6 times this season and it didnt really matter. Everytime i dropped it our drumline won sweepstakes :D

the reason i dropped it is beacse my bass didnt have a stick holder so my puuf would fall of when i was done using it and i was the only one wo used a puffy

did that make sense?
Puffy? It's hard to tell what you are saying, when you have spelling errors. :roll: :lol: