Drumlines-who is the best in high school

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

MattGagnier

Post by MattGagnier » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:23 pm

Survivor wrote:Well I would have to say that the best High school drumline has to have 3 things.

1. They have to have a book that is really really good. And by a good book that does not mean some Mary Had A Little Lam type of a book. It has to be a book that goes with the band and the pit. The DL has to be able to play the book clean too. So for example some groups out there have simple books and they win all the time because its clean. Well I like to say ok yes its clean but they are not the best DL because its clean. I hope you all get what I'm saying

2. They also have to be able to march well. And I dont mean crabing your feet or anything I mean you have to be able to march well. You have to be able to out show all the other DLs just by marching alone. Now if you cant do that then you are not even in the top 5

3. The last thing you must do to become the top DL is you have to be able to do all of these things on the field. You have to do them all perfect and not just once but every time. You have to do it at every show so everyone will see you

All of these things go into the catagory of the top DL and there are not many lines out there that can do this.......RB can and that is my pic on the best Out side DL

Hey Survivor,

You have never heard my arr. of Mary had a little lamb!

Matt Gagnier

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:03 pm

Lol, that's cocky Matt! Soooo, this will be in who's show??? Ya bust me up.

playclean1

Post by playclean1 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:17 am

Mary Had a little lamb !!!!!!

(gears in head starting to turn )

al

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Best Drumline

Post by Spyder » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:26 am

Shadow1psc wrote:Well, due to some certain reasons I will leave my school unnamed, but I think we have at least one of the top 3 drumlines, but they dont work nearly as hard as any other drumline, and it shows. we have the talent, oh lord there is talent, but they are too lazy and too cocky, and even after getting there @$$'s handed to em at competitions, they still dont see fit to leanr from their mistakes and fix it.
Last year in winter, our line thought that they didnt have to work in drumline, they figured, 'hey, we're cool enough that we dont have to work, and we expect to win!' Very frusterating.
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd

sexydrummerchic
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sexydrummerchic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:59 pm

i think that granada lins ia awesome, but i gotta give props to hart(from there) they are awesome, and we are gonna have fun in winter!!!
stupid square peg too big for the round hole ..... ::gets bigger hammer::... i knew it fit somehow.......

ILL~BE~BACH
New Recruit
New Recruit

Granada

Post by ILL~BE~BACH » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:43 pm

I hope Granada is better than I last saw them. During winter DL season they had the funniest cadence....5 rim taps and then they all shouted GRANADA. It's was hilarious. I know it's mean....I'll stop.
LP/O Rocks!!!!!! Oh yes, we are, superior by far!!!!!

Q: How can you tell which kid on the playground is the child of a trombonist?

A: They don't know how to use the slide and can't swing.

http://lpoalliance.tripod.com

sexydrummerchic
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sexydrummerchic » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:35 pm

well.....that was mean, but that is kinda a lame cadence!!
stupid square peg too big for the round hole ..... ::gets bigger hammer::... i knew it fit somehow.......

FaSt_HaNd$

etiwanda

Post by FaSt_HaNd$ » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:17 pm

hey matt, so you work at etiwanda, i would consider them the best line this year, i saw their championship show in diego and completely thouht they deserved their 98.0, everything from basses to snares to the whole drum rack piece rocked!
:!:

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Re: etiwanda

Post by Survivor » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:05 pm

FaSt_HaNd$ wrote:hey matt, so you work at etiwanda, i would consider them the best line this year, i saw their championship show in diego and completely thouht they deserved their 98.0, everything from basses to snares to the whole drum rack piece rocked!
:!:
UMMMMMM :roll: relly????? Just ones mans Thought.....

Vermin87
New Recruit
New Recruit

Norcal?

Post by Vermin87 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:44 pm

Anyone hear any Norcal lines this fall? Whats ur opinion on them?

Bass2tubagod
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bass2tubagod » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:12 pm

Street Percussion: Fairfield was ok I guess and Las Plumas had a pretty challenging book that they pulled off pretty well. But this was definetly a dissapointing street fall.

Field Percussion: Madera was really pretty good and Nevada Union's top two basses could split anything.

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.
I'm still Red, but blue thoughts are clouding my mind. Those who know drum corps know what I'm talking about.

glmrkqnh8sdrama

Hawthorne High

Post by glmrkqnh8sdrama » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:13 pm

:twisted: [/b]

drumbum07
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumbum07 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:48 pm

i think all lines are the best, some just show it more than others

SRDM
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SRDM » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:53 pm

i think ayala and loara have lots of umph in their drumlines, they're my two favorite. pacifica and mission viejo are no losers either, i think those have to be my top 4. yup.

RifleChick/Drumline_luver
New Recruit
New Recruit

Drum Lines rock my soxs!

Post by RifleChick/Drumline_luver » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:10 pm

Me I love all the Drum lines! But I would Have to pick my own school! I know bad! But I haven't hear any other drumlines yet but there is one out there and I am looking for you! hehehehehehe! Me and the others on the Drum line crue/buddies/possy! Yeah We love the drum line!! :D
***Whoo Whoo TRAINS***

***Yup I Spin Rifle!!***