Birth Announcement from the Clan of Turner

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Birth Announcement from the Clan of Turner

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:33 pm

Greetings and salutations from the Clan of Turner...

I've been pretty wrapped up with my wife's crappy pregnancy these past few months as she pretty much was on the decline in terms of her health. Vertigo, horrible morning sickness, a nasty late pregnancy staph infection from hell, toxemia, bad drug reaction to nausea medicine, dehydration...she was the poster child there for a bit for why getting pregnant is just a big fat pain in the butt.

However, all of our patience, hard work, long suffering, and angst paid off. After 26 hours of sleepless labor with a concluding 2-hours of the pushing and screaming and hysterics (and deservedly so!!), I am VERY proud to announce that the newest member of the family has arrived. My son, Michael Ryan Turner, all man-child 8 pounds 4 ounces and 20 long inches of him, came tumbling out at 0711hrs on December 3, 2003 at St. Jude's Hospital in Fullerton, California. He came out swinging ladies and gentlemen, complete with a very healthy cry and all digits accounted for. The doctor placed him on my wifes quickly deflating midsection and they both looked at each other and burst out crying. Then my son looked over at me, and sort of rolled his eyes with the "it figures after all this time I'd be stuck with him" kind of look!

We're running into a few minor medical issues again, but Nyleen is beginning the road to recovery. There's a possibility she may have to use a walker for a month or so to get around due to some vast rearrangements of her skeletal system from the ribs down to the hip bones. But other than that, she's fine.

For all of you that emailed me and gave me your support over these past few months, I thank you. My plate was awfully full, and I was faking my way through life, especially these past 2 months. It's a wonder that I was able to do anything--stress is so much fun. But in any case, thank you for your support and patience. It's greatly appreciated...

Merry Christmas if I don't talk to anyone prior to that--and here's to a VERY successful 2004!!!

Your friend and supporter of marching band,

Ryan H. Turner

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Congratulations!

Post by Teever » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:49 pm

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Turner! May God bless your family.
The thing about pregnancy is, Ryan, it prepares you for the late nights, lack of sleep, sickness, messes, and oh yeah, great happiness and joy that your own children will bring you. Fortunately, you seem to come adequately prepared with a sense of humor to take it all in stride. Enjoy your holidays with your new "addition"!

Gallagher
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Gallagher » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:38 pm

Congrats!

Glad to hear everythings ok with your family. Is this one going to be a killer Trombone Player? Or a hip DM? Or are you going to start him off on something a little more subtle like a "pimp'd" out Yamaha Euphonium? Hahahaha, take care and make sure your wife and yourself get some rest, you'll probably be needing it. Congrats again Ryan and Clan.

-Brian Gallagher

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:27 am

Congratulations Ryan. Get him a pair of red Converse for his first shoes. :wink: He'll be marching around in no time!

Miss A
New Recruit
New Recruit

Congrats!

Post by Miss A » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:18 am

:cheers: How 'bout some red Vans (old school!) or a baby size white dinner jacket? Congratulations and God bless you and your family.

Catherine Aylesworth
VK '84, '85, '86
Biscuit !!!!!!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:12 am

Congrats on the new addition Ryan H!!! We had our son, Connor, at St Jude's so I know your family was in good hands. Enjoy your holidays and your early little gift!!!
Laura B

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:44 pm

Gallagher wrote:Congrats!

Glad to hear everythings ok with your family. Is this one going to be a killer Trombone Player? Or a hip DM? Or are you going to start him off on something a little more subtle like a "pimp'd" out Yamaha Euphonium? Hahahaha, take care and make sure your wife and yourself get some rest, you'll probably be needing it. Congrats again Ryan and Clan.

-Brian Gallagher

congrats.. hes gotta have ORANGE converse and play the sax.. than he will be the coolest kid in school.. = P.. good luck!
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:47 pm

TMRsaxyDM wrote:
Gallagher wrote:Congrats!

-Brian Gallagher

congrats.. hes gotta have ORANGE converse and play the sax.. than he will be the coolest kid in school.. = P.. good luck!
Maybe he'll be on the drumline and play tenors, everyone likes the drumline! :wink:

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:54 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :D :D

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:50 pm

how sad the kids not even a week old and people are already fighting about what hes gonna be doing in band... with that said we all knows hes gonna ba a guy in guard who is awsome at rifle.hehehe sorry just had to join in. congrats on your new addtion
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

airons0678
Veteran
Veteran

Congrats!!! :) :) :)

Post by airons0678 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:27 pm

Congratulations, Ryan! You have been "faking your way through this" the past few months??? Wow. I am glad all is well.

-Alan (Your Former Student)

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:08 am

congrats on your new baby
mm baby marching bands
that wud b crazy
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004