How do you feel now that it's over?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Seniors: How did you feel after your last Marching Band competition?

Satisfied
18%
Relieved
12%
Sad
40%
Happy
12%
Nostalgic
18%

Total votes: 50

cutenerd17
New Recruit
New Recruit

How do you feel now that it's over?

Post by cutenerd17 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:38 am

I was really sad after our last performance at Championships today, but a lot of my friends were really relieved and almost happy that we weren't going to compete again. I still have winterline, but still... it's not the same.
Small but mighty
Charter Oak High

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:28 am

If they're relieved, then they shouldn't be in band.
I enjoyed the final performance, and am looking forward to a little downtime in band, yet I know I will miss it during the off season, like I did last year.
No regrets.
No regrets

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:40 am

I can see how relieved works...

You spend time thinking about life without marching band, awaiting the day of the final performance. You are relieved its over...yet saddneed that never again will that group be together doing that show.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:25 am

yea its kind of sad i guess to see something that you have been doing just end right here
in a way, i wish i could go back in time and be a freshmen again and do the whole thing over
band is just too fun
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

saxysenior
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saxysenior » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:40 am

I know it sounds kind of bad to be"relieved that it's all over". I mean, I'm sad that it's over, because there are things about marching band I will miss. I'll miss the tounraments the most. But I'm also relieved and happy because now that marching season is over, that means it's time for CONCERT SEASON!!! I love concert season. Everything I love about music came from participating in concert season. So I gues I'm sad, relieved, and ahppy all at the same time right now!!

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:46 am

i dunno i guess i am kind of relieved because we will have more time to focus on school work and everything but its just kinda weird still, especially since its my last year and there isnt really another high school season for me
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

saxysenior
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saxysenior » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:00 am

Yeah, I know how you feel. :cry:

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:51 am

My band's last performance was last week at Arcadia. Man, when all of us came off the field, there were smiles everywhere! All the seniors (including me) were very satisfied with our last performance. But our marching season hasn't really come to an end yet, we still got the Fiesta Bowl during New Year's week, so YAY!!! One last chance for the Seniors and I to perform!

Oh yeah, I voted happy :D for what I felt after the performance, but now I feel kinda sad :( that marching season is over, but it's not really over yet, so I'm happy :D , but when it is over, I'll be really sad :cry: .

Now I just made all of you confused :? !!!
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

La Stephen
Veteran
Veteran

Post by La Stephen » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:09 am

Yesterday was our last performance...while they didnt score us high, we did do our best (which was sweepstakes worthy). But overall, this has been the best year of my life! So many fond memories that i will never forget!

Bobcat

Post by Bobcat » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:34 am

Im personally pretty happy... we had a pretty good perfomance, real nice field show drill, and some pretty fun bus rides... im mainly happy because the biggest reason i join band is for concert band, we are going to Carnegie Hall to preform later in the season and im pretty exited about that... scince im only a sophmore i still got 2 more years of band and 2 more marching seasons still.
i love the music we play for concert band... it will be difficult but fun at the same time...

CrimsonCadetClarinet

Post by CrimsonCadetClarinet » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:53 pm

I think that leaving the high school marching circut is a feeling that can't be described....and only related to other. I am glad that there are no more long rehersals for fixing freshman problems and an end to politics and drama in the "world of pageantry". Yet its sad to see something you have worked so hard for come to an end.

raultorian trombone
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by raultorian trombone » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:10 pm

its hard for the underclassmen too because each year their senoirs graduate and move on, band seems to be missing something more each year
go trombones!!!! c/o 2005 - section leader
James Logan High School
BlueDevils b-corps '03 lead bari

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:21 pm

thank gawd its over. i cannot wait for winter!!! :D
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

barbequedpoopy

Post by barbequedpoopy » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:44 pm

last nite was my last show ever, and i feel kinda empty. i'll never march another field show again, and that makes me sad. i cried soooo much last nite. i'm bummed that it's all over. i never thought it would actually end til last nite when it really did. it's hard to explain, but i think people know what i'm talking about.
she looked at u and she said to ur face it's over it's over

sabregurl

Post by sabregurl » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:52 pm

Yesterday was my last field performance. I had a lot of fun off the field and our program ended the year with an amazing performance. I still remember my very first field tournament and let me tell you, we have come such a long way since Lost In Space. WOw, that was a along time ago. I was incredibly dissappointed last night when there were no fireworks or the music playing as the bands were introduced for awards, it didn't have that magical feel. It was dissappointing but I had a great year, no matter what the outcome. I'm so proud of the BAC, we worked hard, and put our best show on the field.
Class of 04
2000: Lost in Space
2001: Pat Mattheny
2002: Fruition
2003: An American Autumn
What Time is it??? SHOW TIME!!! I love you, my family... my "guardies"