championships

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

championships

Post by guardee101 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:35 pm

So, what did everyone think about the placements and performances?

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: championships

Post by formermarcher » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:41 pm

guardee101 wrote:So, what did everyone think about the placements and performances?
I don't think everyone is here yet...
SCSOBA is still going on, and WBA is still in session right now!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:06 pm

man im bummed.. i didnt get to go see anyone.. (scsboa) hopefully all you lovely people can kill me in on what i missed = )
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:44 pm

I didn't get a chance to see any of the bands perform because we took our sweet oole time loading our trucks, but as for the results, the best band won, nothing much to say except congratualtions to all the bands out there that performed at their championships because no matter what place you got, atleast you got in!
OHS '01 - '05

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:35 am

yea i didnt get to see the other bands except for RCC warming up on my way back
well we had long bus ride so not much else to say for now
ill post up more thoughts on it tomorrow or something
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

saxysenior
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saxysenior » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:58 am

Over the course of the season, I've had a chance to see almost every major 6A band, and I've got a little something to say to almost all of them:

Rancho Bernardo--You guys have such an awsome sound. And the saxophone solo in your ballad was awsome!! As always your show was very clean, and my congratulations for a wonderful year go out to you all.

El Dorado--I only got to see the last half of your show from the side of Citrus College's Stadium, but from what I heard, you guys are really good as well. to the jazz band, you guys are awsome!!!

Arcadia--HOLY COW, YOU GUYS ARE MASSIVE!!!! But I got to see your show at your tournament, and I was shocked to see bassoons and oboes marching!!! I was very impressed to see that. Most schools wouldn't even dare to march double reeds. I hope you guys didn't brake too many reeds!!

Etiwanda--I didn't get to see your show, but I heard about half of it as we were leaving the parking lot tonight, and you guys are incredible!! My congratulations also go out to the drumline on receiving such an impressive score. 98!! That's not very common for High school marching bands!! You guys definetely deserved this. Congratulations!!

Mt. Carmel--Even though you guys weren't at Championships, I thought your show was very good. You guys also have a very good sound, and your drill was very good, and I was also impressed with your parade band. You guys are awsome!

Upland--You guys had a very cool show, and I really liked it. I only got to see you at our first tournament, so I don't know how the rest of your season went, but I hope it was fun for you all!!

Vista--My sister school!! Like RB, you guys also have a very rich sound. You had some great moments in your show. I'm so glad our bands are such good friends and I can't wait to march with you guys in our holiday parade!!!

To my own band, Rancho Buena Vista's "Rhythm of the Ranch", Thank you everyone for a great year. This has been my favorite year, and this year will be the most memorable for me. I love you guys!!

Congratulations to all the bands on a wonderful season!!!

~RBV Senior

eternalbando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eternalbando » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:57 am

I thought last night was awesome. congrats to Etiwanda for doing so great! Our band director kept telling how amazing they were, and I didn't fully understand until I was sitting in the stands watching them! :shock: WOW. And the Drumline!!! 98!? how the h*** did you pull that one off? Please, clue me in, I'm sure our drumline would love some advice from you! haha. anyways, I thought last night was an amazing compilation of the skill the in the 6A bands of SoCal! Amazing performances to everyone, and whoever lost their wig(El Dorado), no worries, we love you anyways!! :P
"Love must be sincere..." Romans 12:9

If I "have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
Hostrauser's Trivia Contest #3- 4th place

BandAddict

Post by BandAddict » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:45 pm

I saw each and every one of the 6a bands perform last night at SCSBOA Field Championship at Westview H.S.
Bravo! You all were wonderful

But I'm wondering (as I think many in the audience are as well) if the judges were sleeping through some of the shows. I mean, really, Chino at 7th place.....GIVE ME A BREAK! They were awesome and deserve better....their best performance of the season for sure!

And what about Rancho Buena Vista???.....good grief......5th place with a score of 90. GIVE ME A BREAK! That was their best performance last night of their show "One World" .....best performance of the season, better than at the Vista tournament and at the Vista tournament they got a 92.4 taking Sweeps............"Knock, knock!! Hello, judges. Anybody home???"
RBV was wonderful....music was right on and they deserve a higher score.

El Dorado: It's all good!!! You guys have the COOOOOOLEST show. I just LOVE ya doing Chicago!!!!

To me, 1st place was a tie between RBV and El Dorado.....LOVE you Guys!!!

My first time seeing Etiwanda....I've heard lots and lots of GREAT things about Etiwanda so was anxious to see them. Their show was great but excuse me for saying so but I just don't get it, ya know, getting 1st place and all.

RB: Music perfect as always.....enjoyed you very much!

Let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of the 6a bands all season! You ARE San Diego's FINEST! Thanks for an awesomely enjoyable season! :lol:

RCC is AMAZING :shock: Thanks for WOWING me twice this year (Etiwanda and Champs last night)

See you all next year..........can't wait. :wink:

Band Fan :lol:

saxysenior
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saxysenior » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:34 pm

BandAddict~
Thank you for your support for RBV. WE're all glad people liked our show and thought it was great. I do have to agree that we did our best performenace at Chanmpionships. And even though we got fifth place, I'm really happy with how well we performed.

Thanx for all the support guys!!!

RBV Sax Senior

soloboe

Post by soloboe » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:15 pm

saxysenior wrote: Arcadia--HOLY COW, YOU GUYS ARE MASSIVE!!!! But I got to see your show at your tournament, and I was shocked to see bassoons and oboes marching!!! I was very impressed to see that. Most schools wouldn't even dare to march double reeds. I hope you guys didn't brake too many reeds!!
YAY double reeds!!! Thanks for your support for marching "double reeds". I didn't get a chance to see you guys this year, but I heard that you guys were great.

Congrats to all the bands performed yesterday!! It has been a great season!!
See you all next year!

ArcAdiA BAritone God

championships was tite !!!

Post by ArcAdiA BAritone God » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:03 pm

man o man... this was a nice stadium, artificial turf and all... it felt so good congrats to all bands that competed, it sucks that i could'nt see any other bands, i heard that etiwanda had a crazy crazy tite show... thats it for now, at least til the PC workshops starts... later guys...
arcadia baritone SL 02 - 05
"Take pride in all that you do"

CCTpt

Hey!

Post by CCTpt » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:50 pm

I would Love to give a HUGE congrats to BSR!!AWESOME job! You guys are great competition! Also, congrats on all of the other 5a bands!Great job!
:Fate lay in the hands that clap:
NEVER GIVE UP, ALWAYS ROCK ON!

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Championships

Post by BlueStarMom » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:36 pm

Thanks for the warm congratulations to the BSR. They worked hard, and were successfull. I think MV had a great show this year. Ramona was cool with their train theme (I work for AMTRAK!)

Happy holidays and best wishes at this year comes to a close.
BlueStarMom
:)