Bands that have amazed you this season

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

rbv_trumpet05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by rbv_trumpet05 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:43 am

Arcadia with their off-field drill

Chino with their awesome props and great trumpets!!

El Dorado for the awesome jazz band! go trumpet soloist youre awesome!
RBV TRUMPETS I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:38 pm

well its only normal for sections to notice their counterparts in other bands
i havent been able to see first hand but i had been able to hear a couple bands
well i thought el dorado had pretty good trumpets
i was able to watch a 3A band i think play tempered steel i think at chino and it was pretty cool
i heard chino's, mt carmel's, and rancho bernardo's field show from the side and i thought they were all pretty clean
well hope to see some more great shows out there because i was pleased with the music from all the schools i was able to watch and hear
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

b76tbonz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by b76tbonz » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:52 pm

I haven't seen El Dorado's show but it has been the talk of the town, so to speak. A jazz theme may be "easy" to do, but it is difficult to pull off effectively. Jazz is more difficult than many people claim it to be, and from what I hear, El Dorado does this very effectively. I also have heard that they have a small jazz band on the front sidelines, and that this small jazz band plays in conjunction with the full marching band. It sounds like somehow they have coordinated trade offs of music and hits between the jazz band and the full marching band without missing a beat. If it is as good as I have heard, Kudos to you El Dorado. Etiwanda has an amazing show yet again this year. Murrietta Valley and John W. North are both excellent bands, it should be an interesting night at championships. Rancho Cucamonga has also surprised me in their performances, but I feel that they have been robbed a couple times in scoring. Congratulations to all bands that have performed this season. Every band is excellent in their own ways, and you should all be proud of yourselves. Congratulations on a good season!!!

Khan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Khan » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:42 pm

Bella Vista has really impressed me, especially these past two seasons. They've proven that a band need not be huge to vie with the big boys.
They are well balanced and well taught, the two biggest keys to success for any field band.

Khan

Wildbill
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Wildbill » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:16 am

My favorites this year (in no particular order):

LD Bell from Texas -- Man, what a great band!
Ronald Reagan from Texas
Clovis West (Northern Cal)
Ayala (So Cal)
Upland (So Cal)
Chino (So Cal)
El Toro (So Cal 3A)
Etiwanda
Fred C Beyer (Northern Cal)

All in all, it was a great season.

Wildbill
BEATLES 4 EVER

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:33 pm

RifleDiva wrote:
Survivor wrote:El Dorado has come a long way this year. At Arcadia last week they almost sweeped everything. There Drum line is not all that and I think they know that. It's not that they are not good its just they are not up to what the other 6a groups are performing. There Pageantry is OMG amazing. I cannot believe that they did not beat RB. RB has a great pageantry I mean they are a World Guard and they do so good on the field too.

There band is really really good this year. I have to give them so much props for performing a show like what they perform and make it clean. It is really easy to play a jazz theme but to make it a marching so has to be hard. There Guard does so well performing the show Chicago that it is un real. It is a great show and I can’t wait to see you guys on sat. I whish you and the rest of the 6a and all the bands the best of luck. Good skill and see you there.......
Thanks soooooo much Survivor. We are aware of the drum line thing :wink:, hope to improve that, but yeah, I’m incredibly thankful that you enjoyed our show and appreciate all your positive comments. And as a guard member myself I can tell you that performing as Velma Kelly is way fun!!!

Unfortunately I haven't really seen any shows this year cause most people perform before us or I’m changing while the groups after us are performing. But the one group that totally blew me away was UCLA. They performed at Arcadia and were awesome!!!!

Well best of luck to everyone on Saturday, let’s make this a competition to remember! :D :D :D
No prob. You guys really really deserve anything you guys get. Since sat. has passed I guess I can really tell you how I thought on it. What my past post said is totaly the truth and so much more. You guys at Champ. did so well I could not belive that you guys did not win. Your parents are really nice and so is your whole program. I hope you guys come off of this years show so happy and I cant wait untill next years show. Congrads. and I hope to see you next year on top.

ILL~BE~BACH
New Recruit
New Recruit

Gv

Post by ILL~BE~BACH » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:51 pm

Golden Valley has really jumped up this year. I hope they beat the SNOT out of Benicia soon. Benicia needs to kick it up a notch. GO Golden Valley!
LP/O Rocks!!!!!! Oh yes, we are, superior by far!!!!!

Q: How can you tell which kid on the playground is the child of a trombonist?

A: They don't know how to use the slide and can't swing.

http://lpoalliance.tripod.com

ACE-Driving
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ACE-Driving » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:56 am

Bands that impressed me this year:

Arcadia
El Dorado
Chino
Rancho Buena Vista
Etiwanda
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:47 pm

I haven't really seen many bands this year but, the ones that I did see, that amazed me were:

Belmont (if you've seen their show, you'll know my reasoning)

Westlake (same reason as above)

and.... :D

Narbonne (They have a curse of losing their band director after 2 years but, they had an interesting show this year. They did 'Birdland', Michael Jackson's 'Thriller', Earth Wind and Fire's 'Fantasy' and 'Malaguena'. They had some interesting flags and other stuff...like a coffin, fog machine and dancer.)