Is Esperanza competing in Division I next year?

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Wolfgang
New Recruit
New Recruit

Is Esperanza competing in Division I next year?

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:08 pm

I have heard that Esperanza applied to the DCI Board of Directors for Division I status, but haven't heard the results.

Is there an official word on whether Esperanza will be D1 or D2 next year, or is it still up in the air at this point?

thanks
Wolfgang

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 pm

This was posted in drumcorpsworld newsprint. It is an interview with DCI Executive Director Dan Acheson.
DCW: Has a decision been made on Esperanza’s petition for division I status? If not, will any effort be made in the future to expedite these decisions (i.e. by the end of September) so that new division I corps can recruit during marching band season? The petition deadline is June of the prior year, so a decision has not come from the DCI office for five months.

DA: The Participation Review Policy, as established by the DCI board of directors in January 2003, goes beyond just a petition and a response. Esperanza has yet to deliver on all of the required documentation. They have missed deadlines in the process that are critical to the timing. They claimed to have extenuating circumstances that have led to the delays. The Participation Review Committee will determine the next step in the process.

To be very clear, it is not up to the "DCI office" to respond. It is up to the Participation Review Committee and the DCI executive committee.
SO just gonna have to wait and see.