What guards are you looking forward to see this season???

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

The Little Mermaid

What guards are you looking forward to see this season???

Post by The Little Mermaid » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:20 am

I am so happy that the season is about to start! I get to see a ton of great shows...but I really can't wait to see Beyer this year. They have done so well in the past. At San Diego...I want to see Pride and Alliance...they are great also!!!

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:01 pm

i'm very excited to see everyone this season, but getting to it....well of course, i want to see my favorites:

raiders
northern lights
logan
fantasia
pride

and i also kind of want to see braddock, lealta, and light brigade(newbies to the world guard family)
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

saberspinner

who i want to see

Post by saberspinner » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:18 pm

i cant wait to see alot of great groups!!! some are northern lights,logan, fantasia,pride,black knight, and lealta.

Good luck to all in winter guard!!!!!
Attitude is the mind's paintbrush. It can color any situation!

Gottaluvguard15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Gottaluvguard15 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:47 pm

I second that, sabrespinner!!! (Your actually posting!!!) Lealta and Black Knights are a must see!!!! Along w/ James Logan... and wow so many others!!!!! All those kewl Independent guards... All together I just wanna see some really creative shows this year!!! So fun, I can't believe it's finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

yay winterguard!

Post by RifleLova » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:15 pm

good job The Little Mermaid, this topic is awesome! I'm so excited to see so many guards just cuz i love winterguard and stuff! Ok well ofcourse i'll always be excited for my most favorite guard fantasia. i'm also excited to see logan and i'm excited to see ayala in their first "world" year! rancho is always a must see and i'm anticipating what pride's show will be this year and Kennedy.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:54 pm

I can't wait to see Fantasia!! They always impress me with their awesome tricks, hopefully this year they can actually do them though... I also can't wait to see Raiders since they are doing another mexican theme again this year. The music is incredible and so is the staff, hopefully we can keep the gold in Cali again this year....I'm also interested in seeing the "all male cast" of Northern Lights....that should be interesting.

The Little Mermaid

Post by The Little Mermaid » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:43 am

Oh...I forgot about NL and their all male cast. I think I am SUPER excited about this year because I have already found out some of the shows that guards in the CCGC circit are doing. And wow! They sound so awsome. Totally not your normal winterguard show. A lot of guards are taking big risks this year with such orginal shows. How great it this?

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:49 pm

The Little Mermaid wrote:Oh...I forgot about NL and their all male cast. I think I am SUPER excited about this year because I have already found out some of the shows that guards in the CCGC circit are doing. And wow! They sound so awsome. Totally not your normal winterguard show. A lot of guards are taking big risks this year with such orginal shows. How great it this?
hey, would you like to share where you found all this information, so i can look into it? :lol: :wink:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

caifbandfan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Esperanza

Post by caifbandfan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:18 pm

Well, I'm going to march with Esperanza drum corps this next summer. So I can't wait to see their Color guard shows. I've liked esperanza da luz ever since Rob Jet started working there.
Are they going to have two guard again this year?

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:49 pm

raiders
northern lights
logan
fantasia
I'm also waiting to see Upland's show because last year Upland was really good
and Glen A Wilson
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:21 pm

Fantasia!! I hope they execute their show well this year, last year was kind of a disappointment. I also want to see James Logan, black knights, and rancho cucamonga.

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:48 pm

Are they going to have two guard again this year?
Yep, Open and World.

Im looking forward to seeing Lealta. They ahd an AWESOME program last seaosn, and this years show sounds pretty interesting.

Of course i cant wait to see Esperanza de Luz World and Open. Love them.

Fantasia is always awesome, and Pride

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:37 pm

I don't have a specific place where I get all my information... I have many friends in different world guards and I know some of the instructors as well. That is where I get all my information from.

dmode23
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dmode23 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:59 am

Oh i loved St Johns of Beverly (open) those girls have Hands!! :D Light Brigade, NEI, Onyx (world) i really enjoyed Evolutions show and thats all i can think of right now :wink:

Becky
True, i talk of dreams,
which are the children of an idle brain
Begot of nothing but vain fantasy.

broken_panda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by broken_panda » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:27 pm

I can't wait to see all of the World guards, scholastic and independent. There are so many guards that moved up into World after last year. I think it will be interesting to see how it all goes. :mrgreen: Then there are the usual Independent guards that always have amazinfg shows. This year is going to be awesome.