Total votes: 56

CJ
New Recruit
New Recruit

WBA 4A championships

Post by CJ » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:50 am

About the WBA 4A championships"
Mr. Allan Irons -Note Below

After further analysis of the WBA Scores, and at this point, I onLy wish to discusss the AAAA/AAA BANDS - Mostly AAAA (SWISH)

On behalf of the BAC MARCHING BAND STUDENTS,& BOOSTER PARENTS AND ALL THE VOLUNTERS WHO DEVOTE THEIR TIME AND EFFORTS

Mr. Irrons:

Your analysis and comments are informative and very useful.

Thank You for your insights

CJF
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

CJ
New Recruit
New Recruit

About the WBA 4A championships AND NOT EDITING MY POST

Post by CJ » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:19 am

Pardon my Gramatic Mistakes:

Regarding Mission Viejo - They are a talent to recon with!

On behalf of the BAC MARCHING BAND STUDENTS, BOOSTER PARENTS AND VOLUNTERS WHO HAVE DEVOTED THEIR EFFORT, TIME. AND BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS - ALL OF YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

Mr. Irons:

We Thank You for your analysis, comments and insights which have proven to be informative and useful.

Sincerely,

CJ

Wildbill
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Wildbill » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:44 am

Previous scores are nice and interesting to look at; however, as I have previously stated, it all comes down to who plays the best and works the hardest. Ayala has a great band; so does Mission and Upland. I have yet to see Clovis or Beyer but hear wonderful things about them as well. As far as I am concerned, first place is up for grabs and any one band has the ability to place above the other. Who wants it the most will, I believe, be the determining factor.

I am an Ayala dad; however, I want to congratualte all the kids in all the bands who go out and work hard everyday to do their best. May you all have a great show in Fresno and may the best band take home the championship.

Wildbill
BEATLES 4 EVER

Trumpiper
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Trumpiper » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:05 pm

It's definately a toss up, but i think clovis west.

Inverness Falls
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: WBA 4A championships

Post by Inverness Falls » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:48 pm

CJ wrote: If you look at Clovis West's (AAAA) last competion on 11.01.2003, you will see their score was 90.25 (902.50)

Compare that to Ayala's score at Trabucuo Hills on 11.15.20003, you will see their score of 92.60 (926.00)
The largest fault in comparing these two scores lies in the two week gap between the two tournaments and by doing so, the assumption that neither band has progressed since then. The simplest way to estimate the winner in this instance would be to note the trends in score progression prior to that date and estimate a rate of score growth--still a faulty tool, but more accurate than the comparison that exists now.

CWpitdiva88

Post by CWpitdiva88 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:44 pm

All I can say is that with Logan out of the way, AAAA is up for a competition. As of now, I think anyone could take it. Good luck, and may the best band win!

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleLova » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:36 pm

CJ wrote:
Upland will not score higher than Ayala and as far as Mission Viejo, that was a fluke, we have aways scored higher than those two great bands. The exception was (Mission Viejo) this past saturday, 11.15.03
Dont be so sure. It can happen that Mission or Upland could beat Ayala this weekend.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

jimwunderlich
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jimwunderlich » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:49 am

CJ wrote:
Upland will not score higher than Ayala and as far as Mission Viejo, that was a fluke, we have aways scored higher than those two great bands. The exception was (Mission Viejo) this past saturday, 11.15.03
WOW! This is a parent talking all this smack?
Jim Wunderlich

Band Booster

Post by Band Booster » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:19 am

CJ wrote:TheGhostofAHS

I'm assuming that are with the AyalaBAC!?!

If you are, don't be so pestimistic. Our BAC has to be the one that runs the show - OWN THE FIELD!

Do your best, as I have lectured my two daughter's who play the clarinets and then some. They are very veristile in musi ; Bass Clairinet, Flute, Trombone, Drums, Accoustic and Bass Guitar and Keyboard. As wel,l they have wonderful voices, espeially, Britta - Susie also has a beautiful voice.

Don't understimate your abilities, be confindent and sure of yourself and PRACTICE!

TheGoastOfAHS: Read my postsn on this particular message board. I've summed up the scores. We will be the champions or #2.

Of course, if some marchers mess up; slip, fall, etc. that could effect the outcome. But, you realize Ayala is a very great Marching Band, ie AyalaBAC.

Don't worry Be Happy!

Hope this helps. And Please read my past post regarding scores in this mesge baord: You have nothing to worry abou,t except practice practice practice, OK?

CJF
Mother Of The Two Clarinetists

Band Booster

Post by Band Booster » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 am

If you are, don't be so pestimistic. Our BAC has to be the one that runs the show - OWN THE FIELD!

Do your best, as I have lectured my two daughter's who play the clarinets and then some. They are very veristile in musi ; Bass Clairinet, Flute, Trombone, Drums, Accoustic and Bass Guitar and Keyboard. As wel,l they have wonderful voices, espeially, Britta - Susie also has a beautiful voice.

Don't understimate your abilities, be confindent and sure of yourself and PRACTICE!

TheGoastOfAHS: Read my postsn on this particular message board. I've summed up the scores. We will be the champions or #2.

Of course, if some marchers mess up; slip, fall, etc. that could effect the outcome. But, you realize Ayala is a very great Marching Band, ie AyalaBAC.

Don't worry Be Happy!

Hope this helps. And Please read my past post regarding scores in this mesge baord: You have nothing to worry abou,t except practice practice practice, OK?

CJF

Band Booster

Post by Band Booster » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:39 am

Don't worry Be Happy!

CJF

Band Booster

Post by Band Booster » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:43 am

CJ wrote:
CJF

I don't normally respond to messages but I felt this one demanded a response.
I am an Ayala Band Parent and I am not sure who 'CJ' is, but I assure you that 'CJ's posting does not reflect the rest of our Booster Organization. We all love our students and wish the best for them, but some parents take it all WAY to seriously. Let the students do what they love, March, and just sit back and enjoy the ride. We wish everyone lots of luck this weekend.

CJ
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CJ » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:52 am

To all,

Please except my apologies for offending Anyone and EVERYONE. I'm sorry for being ignorant and cocky.

I suppose all this excitement has gotten to my head - using my fingers before my brain.

Fellow booster parents: Perhaps, I did not or do not represent our band in the best interest of our students, parents, director and staff.

I'm sorry

CJ

Mark Stone
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark Stone » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:24 pm

Although some people like to claim to speak for specific programs, let me assure you CJ does not speak on behalf of Ayala….I do, I am the director. It would be foolish for anyone to state with certainty the results of this weekend in either championship event. Predicting placements in an event is fun for those involved, but even the most sophisticated systems can’t predict which group of highly trained teenagers will have the best performance, and this is what it is all about. Don’t forget, it’s not about winning, but competing well. Let’s not let the pontification of adults affect the accomplishments of the students involved in this activity. All of the bands on the field have invested thousands of man-hours in their shows and deserve their ‘moment in the spot light’, and all of the bands in finals will be of the highest quality and any of them will be capable to taking the top spots. The honor is being on the field, and having the opportunity to have the ‘show of your life’. Good luck to all……
Mark Stone, Ayala High School

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:46 pm

I remember seeing Clovis West high school last year at championships. I thought they had a great show last year, and I was really impressed by them!

I also loved Upland for their sound! They had such a sound last year!

But I'd have to say its Mission Viejo's year...for so long they have fallen second to Logan (not last year though). Now its their time to shine!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007