Bands that have amazed you this season

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:52 pm

Chino amazed me at Kennedy and Los Altos.
Arcadia has yet to not amaze me when I see there show.

That is about it.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

nada

Post by RifleLova » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:39 pm

i dont know why but no show really got me this year, no show amazed me. am i just crazy or something? well dunno but nothing caught my eye this year.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

CJ
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CJ » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:41 pm

All I have to say is...

Let's start with the BOA in San Antonio, TX., this past week - 57 Bands participated - Five of which are not from Texas.

First of all, I Commend and Respect the five bands that had the GUTS & the COURAGE to participate in this wonderous event - And of course, the $$$$'s that it cost for this remarkable event!

California: Ruben Ayala HS - Ayala Marching Band and Color Guard (AyalaBAC) placed 16th overall - Top 20
Beautiful place to live; You have the Deserts, Mountains ('Galore) and the Oceans!

Colorado: Loveland HS Marching Band placed 19th overall - Top 20 I lived in Wooldland Park, miles up the 25 past Pikes Peak for a couple of years. I would love to go back to Colorado to live - Beautiful!

Kansas: Blue Valley West HS Marching Band placed 37th overall.
I also lived in Kansas for about 2 years. Not much to see but flatlands and corn.

Nebraska: Bellevue West HS Marching Band placed 26th overall.
I was born in NE and raised in Lincoln. Nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there - the humidity is awful in the summer months...some hill, very green enviroment - Very nice!

New Mexico: Mayfield HS Marching Band placed 24TH overall. New Mexico is very unique, what else can I say, except I wouldn't want to live there.
Didn't see many trees just a bunch of bushes on the low lying hills. Albecuque (sp?) is very nice.

The WBA Bands That Have Amazed Me Thus Far (excuse my first bias) are:

Ayala
Mission Viejo
Upland

Etiwanda (In it's own class)

Trabuco Hills
El Torro
Rancho Cucamonga

Aliso Niguel
Fallbrook
SaddleBack

Newbury Park
Torrance
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:43 pm

mm usc was about one of the only shows i was actually able to see from the stands and they were pretty crazy
im sure there are also a lot of other bands but i couldnt see them cuz we were either warming up or on the side
well i hope i get to see most of these shows at the scsboa championships
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: nada

Post by Tyler » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:44 pm

RifleLova wrote:i dont know why but no show really got me this year, no show amazed me. am i just crazy or something? well dunno but nothing caught my eye this year.
wow. that sounds disappointing. what tournaments did you go to? what bands did you see? because its either that, or you have extremely high standards. and even if you didnt see any bands that were amazing live, check out the b.o.a. grand nationals streaming videos. i know there is already a thread for it, but i would suggest that you watch the ronald reagan hs and many of the others if you want. they are quite impressive

CJ
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CJ » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:20 am

formermarcher (UCR)
Support Staff and Moderator
Age 17

You said, "Please test in the "New Member" forum.
Thanks!"

I say, " I'm new at this and have only posted twice, but only one came up on this message board."

I'll get into the groove - Got It?

Take Care

CJ
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"

Trumpiper
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Trumpiper » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:03 pm

In no particular order.......

Mission Viejo
Upland
Corona del Sol
Murrietta Valley
Rancho Buena Vista
Rancho Cucamonga
(haven't gottent to see etiwanda :cry: )

bandfanatic

Post by bandfanatic » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:41 pm

rancho bernardo
el dorado
arcadia

if you combine the size and visual of arcadia with rancho bernardos perfect playing ability and el dorado's soloists . wow what a band :)

dreams&jellybeans

Post by dreams&jellybeans » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:43 pm

Las Plumas/Oroville just keeps getting better and better.
Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em. --Shakespeare

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by engineer » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:20 pm

Clovis High School
Fred C. Beyer High School
Clovis West High School

NMchick

Post by NMchick » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:00 pm

Just replying to you CJ, I was very impressed with the few bands that came from out of state to the Super Regional too. Mayfield was pleasantly surprised with there 24th place finish, although it would have been wonderful making finals!!! Boy.....those Texas bands are pretty awesome!!! Or I should say I enjoyed all the bands and they are all AWESOME!!!!!

As for New Mexico being just a bunch of dirt and bushes, (haha) alot of people say that. Most of the state is desert, but if you travel to the Northern part (Taos, Chama, Santa Fe), it reminds me alot of Southern Colorado. I love NM, the people are great, the weather is great, NM has alot of history behind it and I will probably stay here forever!!! I live in the most southern part of NM (Las Cruces) 60 miles outside of El Paso, Texas. I am originally from California (San Bernadino County) and I have lived in Santa Fe also. But....as for me I LOVE NM!!!
Oh...and just for your info this is how you spell Albuquerque. 8-)

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:03 pm

El Dorado has come a long way this year. At Arcadia last week they almost sweeped everything. There Drumline is not all that and I think they know that. It's not that they are not good its just they are not up to what the other 6a groups are performing. There Pageantry is OMG amazing. I can not belive that they did not beat RB. RB has a great pageantry I mean they are a World Guard and they do so good on the field too.

There band is really really good this year. I have to give them so much props for performing a show like what they perform and make it clean. It is really easy to play a jazz theam but to make it a marching so has to be hard. There Guard does so well performing the show Chicago that it is un real. It is a great show and I cant wait to see you guys on sat. I whis you and the rest of the 6a and all the bands the best of luck. Good skill and see you there.......

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

in 5A amazing bands

Post by BlueStarMom » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:16 pm

I have really enjoyed Murrieta Valley Crimson Cadets show, based on Emerson Lake and Palmer music. I have personally seen it 4 times.

Even though I do not have a BSR member this year, I still enjoy their performance. Their theme is a tribute to flight, i.e. the Wright Brothers, Amelia Earhart, The Tuskegee Airmen and Charles Lindberg. The colorguard have propeller props.

Ramona has a train theme. Their visuals are crossing arms with flashing red lights, like the real ones. That is pretty cool.
BlueStarMom
:)

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:13 pm

Survivor wrote:El Dorado has come a long way this year. At Arcadia last week they almost sweeped everything. There Drum line is not all that and I think they know that. It's not that they are not good its just they are not up to what the other 6a groups are performing. There Pageantry is OMG amazing. I cannot believe that they did not beat RB. RB has a great pageantry I mean they are a World Guard and they do so good on the field too.

There band is really really good this year. I have to give them so much props for performing a show like what they perform and make it clean. It is really easy to play a jazz theme but to make it a marching so has to be hard. There Guard does so well performing the show Chicago that it is un real. It is a great show and I can’t wait to see you guys on sat. I whish you and the rest of the 6a and all the bands the best of luck. Good skill and see you there.......
Thanks soooooo much Survivor. We are aware of the drum line thing :wink:, hope to improve that, but yeah, I’m incredibly thankful that you enjoyed our show and appreciate all your positive comments. And as a guard member myself I can tell you that performing as Velma Kelly is way fun!!!

Unfortunately I haven't really seen any shows this year cause most people perform before us or I’m changing while the groups after us are performing. But the one group that totally blew me away was UCLA. They performed at Arcadia and were awesome!!!!

Well best of luck to everyone on Saturday, let’s make this a competition to remember! :D :D :D
c/o 2005

Love always hopes