Westlake "Field Show"

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Westlake "Field Show"

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:15 pm

I must say that I enjoy Westlake's field show very much. At the end, are the visual effects made by a synthesizer? Their musicianship and GE is excellent and I enjoy their show tremendously. Also, the members of their regiment are generally very friendly. At Rampage, a few of our guard members along with myself ended up walking and talking with some of their band members. It was quite the lovely experience. It is also nice to know that we can all still get along despite a little competition.

<3 Brytini :D

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gangemi » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:15 am

Holy Cow...a thread about Westlake not started by a member of the Westlake Regiment!

Not sure how a synth can create visual effects (unless we throw it to the ground and dance around it), but if you are referring to the gunshots and cannon fire, yes, it is a sampler doing the work.

Thanks for the nice words about the groups itself. They try not to be boogers, and I think they are doing a pretty good job of it.

Good luck at finals, Valencia! I suppose we gotta give Pedro some props.

Mike Gangemi
Assistant Director of Bands
Westlake High School

saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saugusbandgeek » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:15 pm

Hey you found a good use for the synth :D Can you guess what my opinion is on A&E in dci?
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Pedro Rocks my Socks!

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:28 pm

How could anybody NOT love Pedro? He is such a great instructor and we have so much fun with him! The only thing that is better than be able to work with somebody like Pedro is knowing that other people get to work with him too!

<3 Bryt
"It is my nature to join in love, not hate."
-Antigone

whsguardgrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by whsguardgrl » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:49 pm

I love Pedro! He is so nice and he usually speaks quietly but somehow everyone hears him. And he's really fun too. And omg, :shock: have you seen him spin rifle? (I'd assume yes, since he's your instructor.)

Only problem is that his workout nearly killed me (and others) during bandcamp.
Our instructors were a couple of hours late and he was in charge of warming us up. I've rarely been so relieved at a water break.

Thanks for the compliments about our show. Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to see yours since we're always warming up while you perform.
The Godfather (field), To Kill a Mockingbird (winter), American Elegy (field), Afro Celt "Cycles" (winter), We Are Not Alone (field), Kristallen den fina (winter), Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet (field), Ode to Joy (winter)

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

:-)

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:02 pm

Oh yeah! Band camp really was great! A little tiring, but once you get used to working out hard it's not so bad! We really do have a fun show, maybe you guys will catch it sometime! :P Also, at Rampage, we saw you (the colorguard) warming up...and I wanted to come say "hi" but I didn't have the opportunity. I really think that we should work on getting our CGs to know each other better, being that we already have Pedro in common. If you ever end up seeing us at competition, or wherever, come find me! I'm the tall one...Brytini! :D

<3 Bryt
-Antigone

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Props to DannyBoi...

Post by Mad City » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:49 pm

gangemi wrote: Good luck at finals, Valencia! I suppose we gotta give Pedro some props.
The props should go to DannyBoi. He's been working with the horn and drumline more than I, and of course Mr. Bob. I'll take the props for the guard though! They "Rockmysocks"! Miss Henry has a lot to do with it too!

Thanks ladies for the complements. Both schools are having a great season! We need to get together and have one big party! How about an SCSBOA after championships party with all the bands! What a crazy night that would be!

Not bad for someone who "doesn't have enough SCSBOA experience "!
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Party!

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:11 pm

Oh yeah! We definetly need to have a big party for Westlake and Valencia together after championships! That way we could all get to know each other a little bit better...and make some friends in bands other than our own. Who's with me?

<3 Bryt
-Antigone

whsguardgrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by whsguardgrl » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:37 pm

So with you! It seems like the Westlake guard's goal this year is to meet as many other guards as possible. It's great!

We should definitely meet you guys (party!) since we've heard so much about you. We should seriously try to organize this party thing.
The Godfather (field), To Kill a Mockingbird (winter), American Elegy (field), Afro Celt "Cycles" (winter), We Are Not Alone (field), Kristallen den fina (winter), Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet (field), Ode to Joy (winter)

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Then...

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:16 am

8-) Then, I guess we have to bug Pedro everyday until he finally cracks and lets us have a party together! Woo Hoo! :D

<3 Bryt
-Antigone

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad City » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:49 am

Hey, have a big fat part, just not at my house!
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Party!

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:55 am

We will Pedro, a big fat party...Where? I don't know. Somewhere awesome!

<3 Bryt
-Antigone