SCSBOA Championships 2004

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Coach
New Recruit
New Recruit

SCSBOA Championships 2004

Post by Coach » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:43 am

Does anyone what will happen to championships next year? The way things go now is that the event is held on the 5th Saturday of November. Next year there will not be a 5th Saturday. Will they bump up the event to Arcadia Weekend, or bump it back to December, or cancel the event all together.

What are some thoughts on this situation? Maybe Arcadia Weekend will be named the new official championships. :lol:
Be the Best YOU can be,
Because YOU can!

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Under the fermata...

Post by vore » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:23 pm

The original intent was to give the present SCSBOA Field Band Championship format a try for a couple of years since there were 5 Saturdays in November. SCSBOA wanted to "give it a try and to see the response from the SCSBOA field bands."

As of this week, there is no concrete decision as to the future of this event.

vore
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:04 am

Hmmm...good question. I never even thought about it. Thanks to Vore for the clarification.

I'm curious as to what will happen because I think the SCSBOA Field Show Championship is here to stay...so wouldn't it make sense to move everything back a week? And start the season a week earlier? I know, I know...sacrilege!! Band camps are barely over Turner!!! I can hear everyone screaming...but if we announce it now, the SCSBOA bound bands can better prepare....and the WBA bands won't care.