32%
winter
68%

Total votes: 34

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:16 pm

like i said, to adla!!!!!!!! there r guys and girls plus lt. plus we r going to vegas,well so is guard but, pleaz!!! :D
Nothing is impossible with God!

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:21 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:12 pm

i'll im u so we don't get in trouble.and i'd like to apologize to the moderators and everyone else for being off topic for personal reasons :oops:

Madame_Spooky
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Madame_Spooky » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:11 am

I'm not very good with black and white questions (yes and no)... isn't there a grey? (both) If so, I'd choose both. I love field because I love the band members. The guard is great with the band and vise versa. I love the winter because the attention is all on you and there's no band to slow you down (Don't tell me it doesn't happen to you!). You're in guard so you can show off your diva talent and you can basically do that anywhere, whether on field or court... just shine and you'll be remembered.

~Jessi
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

Prune06

winter vs field

Post by Prune06 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:08 am

i personaly think field is alot better then winter guard! but that is just me :P ! I love being with the band and getting to know everyone! the band really adds to the experience! u really have to depend on the band cause if they suck then u suck (the color guard that is)! 8-) but ya i just really enjoy field....i dont know what i would do with out it! i love learning drill and putting flag work to it the same day u learn it and it looks bad so everyone yells at u cause it looks like crap!! :D :cheers: :wav: :king:

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:45 am

I like being with the band so that makes firld season fun, but also can't you hang out with them still in winterguard? I still go to concerts and hang out in the band room and they come to comps and stuff.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:07 am

Yeah, you can still see the band but you’re separated and you’re not in the competition thing together. Field season is more united, each half depending on the other. And I like that.

Sadness, the season ends this Saturday (the 22nd) :cry:

*sigh* I’ll get over it somehow, lol.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

eternalbando
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Field vs Winter

Post by eternalbando » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:57 pm

pinksmurf749 wrote:what do all you prefer, field season or winter season? And if field season, do you like field or street better. Why do you like it better?
-autumn

~ last year i liked winter soo much better, but it might of had to done with field season, we had death shrouds. do i need say more?
HAHA! The death shrouds! I am soooooo sorry about that, autumn! That totally must've sucked! lol. I guess I can't laugh since I wasn't in guard...but still...wow. I'm totally not surprised you liked winter better. :P
"Love must be sincere..." Romans 12:9

If I "have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
Hostrauser's Trivia Contest #3- 4th place

eternalbando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eternalbando » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:01 pm

caifbandfan wrote:I don't know. I kinda like marching with the band.
I'm in band...not guard, but PLEASe don't shoot me down. Thank you, caifbandfan! I love hanging with the guard, too! I understand why you all like winter better, because you all definitely do NOT get enough credit during field. I totally just talked about that with some of my guard friends the other day. I HATE how you guys only get one caption and the band gets like 4. So unfair. But truly, without the guard, band would suck. I just wanna thank all you guardies for putting up with the unfairness of field season, because the band really appreciates it!(or atleast I do! :D )
"Love must be sincere..." Romans 12:9

If I "have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
Hostrauser's Trivia Contest #3- 4th place

clumsy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by clumsy » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:57 pm

I love field better becuase hanging wiht the band and goin everywhere with them and just marching and doing work is soo cool. I havn't been in winter but like Guard and just the guard can be dull sometimes. Is like there is a silent moment when we are just trying to talk. But yet there is loud and crazy but when we are in deep presurre really suck and i liek when we are with the band becuase we are like free and happy and even we are in stress is like serious stress not like taking your stress on your fellow guard but yelling and and arguing about right or wrong. Especially when your coach aint there. :x :( :? :(

batontwirler187

field vs winter

Post by batontwirler187 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:58 pm

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!winterguard is sooooo much boring compaired to field season. Without the band all you have is drama x 10000000000 (at least thats the case with me.) but ya field season is much better because the band is there and without them its just boring, i think its boring probably because im into baton more than i am guard and after field its all about conditioning for baton competitions and other sports im in so ya thats y i dont really like winterguard and this year im not gonna do it.

ilovesabre

Post by ilovesabre » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:43 pm

Winter season is probably my favorite because I get to spend so much quality time with my guard. Plus, I get to see other colorguards close up and such. AND there's no wind inside gyms!! :]

But I do love parade season. We have a pretty kick butt parade guard down here in SoCal. ;]