1A and 3A Performance times for SCSBOA Finals

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director, Trumpet Man 05

Post Reply
gangemi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:02 am
Contact:

1A and 3A Performance times for SCSBOA Finals

Post by gangemi » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:00 pm

1A

9:00 Bellflower
9:15 Katella
9:30 Escondido
9:45 Arlington
10:00 Jurupa Valley
BREAK
10:30 Bishop Amat
10:45 Serra
11:00 John Marshall
11:15 West Hills
11:30 Laguna Hills
12:00 Awards

3A

1:30 Royal
1:45 San Clemente
2:00 Valencia
2:15 Hart
2:30 Oceanside
BREAK
3:00 Canyon
3:15 Glendora
3:30 La Quinta
3:45 Westlake
4:00 Riverside Poly
4:30 Awards

05percussion
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:58 pm

Post by 05percussion » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:03 pm

am I the only person that sees a common link between all the performance schedules. I havent seen division 4a or 6a, but from what I seen the fourth spot is the lucky spot. In 5a, Granada Hills has that spot, in 3a, it's hart, in 2a, it's Santa Margarita, and in 1a it's the defending champion Arlington. I may just be bored, but it seems like all the favorites have the same performance time. just an observation.

User avatar
ODannyBoi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:51 am
Location: Pasadena, CA
Contact:

Post by ODannyBoi » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:11 pm

05percussion wrote:I may just be bored, but it seems like all the favorites have the same performance time. just an observation.
Well yeah... your favorites...

Then again, you may just be bored. :?
Daniel J. Magallanes
Director of Bands,
Monrovia H.S. - Monrovia, CA
www.MonroviaMusic.org

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:02 am
Contact:

Post by gangemi » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:57 pm

The 4th band on in 4A is Carlsbad

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:57 pm
Contact:

5A favorite spot is #4

Post by BlueStarMom » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:11 am

Last year at the 1st SCSBOA competition I do not remember a so called favorite. I know at JWN the BSR competed I think it was 5th (?), but we ended up winning the championship.

I have not seen Granada Hills, but I have seen Murrieta Valley in 3 different competitions. I think the winner could be any of these top 3, or it could be any of the other 7 bands in this same field.

Good luck to all 5A competitors.

p.s. I have seen Riverside Poly compete, and come out on top. Do not count them out in 3A.
BlueStarMom
:)
___________
Blue Star Regiment
You'll Never Walk Alone

User avatar
Mad City
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:52 pm
Contact:

Re: 5A favorite spot is #4

Post by Mad City » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:29 am

BlueStarMom wrote:

p.s. I have seen Riverside Poly compete, and come out on top. Do not count them out in 3A.
Unfortunately I/we haven't see Riverside Poly but believe me, we are not counting them out!

Next Saturday it's going to be a fun day!
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

User avatar
LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by LovableSheep » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:22 pm

05percussion wrote:am I the only person that sees a common link between all the performance schedules. I havent seen division 4a or 6a, but from what I seen the fourth spot is the lucky spot. In 5a, Granada Hills has that spot, in 3a, it's hart, in 2a, it's Santa Margarita, and in 1a it's the defending champion Arlington. I may just be bored, but it seems like all the favorites have the same performance time. just an observation.
I don't think so. I think in 3A, the lucky spot is second to last 8-)
But maybe I'm a little biased.
Bajajajajajaja

Post Reply