LAUSD Championships is right around the corner.....

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

JohnnyffX
Rookie
Rookie

LAUSD Championships is right around the corner.....

Post by JohnnyffX » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:00 pm

Hey there bands and guards

I just started this post so we can wish the best of luck and hope for the best for every band competing at the Lausd Championships. If you guys wanna see the bands and times you should go to Calendar For November 15 and you should see LAUSD championships and the bands competing. I would also like to wish the best of luck to all the division 4 schools.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE LOS ANGELES UNIFIED BAND CHAMPIONSHIP... LOOK BELOW AND YOU WILL FIND A MAJOR POSTING WITH ALL OF THE PARTICIPATING BANDS NAMED AND THE TIME SCHEDULE..... IF YOU WISH TO POST GOOD LUCK MESSAGES YOU CAN ADD THEM TO THIS TOPIC POSTING.... Harvey@worldofpageantry.com
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong...

tonysf
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tonysf » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:33 pm

GO SYLMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonysf
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tonysf » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:04 pm

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAN FERNANDO IS ON THE QUEST FOR ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER THIS IS AT LEAST THE 15TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR THAT SAN FERNANDO HIGH HAS BEEN BAND AND DRILL TEAM CHAMPIONS YEAR AFTER YEAR. GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!!! :lurk: :bow: :king:

JonnyRad7
New Recruit
New Recruit

Lausd Champioships

Post by JonnyRad7 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:53 pm

hey everyone!!! this is my first time posting anything but i just wanted to make a comment.
My comment:

HOW COME NOBODY EVER TALKS BOUT NARBONNE?

BESIDES THAT I HATE :evil: LA HIGH!!!!!!! LA HAS WON THIS COMP FOR LIKE 3 YEARS NOW RIGHT? WELL HOPEFULLY WE CAN WIN IT THIS TIME!!!

GO NARBONNE

saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saugusbandgeek » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:09 pm

That's kinda rude. It's not all about winning, and don't get mad at someone else because they had a better performance than you did. LA is an incredible program and deserve a lot of respect. As for Narbonne, I've never seen you so I can't say anything about your program, but your conduct doesn't reflect positively upon it.
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004

roma13

Post by roma13 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:42 am

LA High wins every year because the are a great band. I see them practicing everyday and they work hard. It may be tiring to see them win every year, for some people, but they deserve it. I'd rather see LA High win every year then to see a second rate band win because they want to change the wining streak.

Good luck to all the bands competing this Saturday at Gardena HS!
For everyone performing with LA All-City Honor Band, HAVE FUN and show everyone what you got! I love watching all the bands perform at the Championships so do your BEST!

tonysf
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tonysf » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:41 pm

Hello I Love L.A. High. but i dont hate them. Narbonne is my favorite band as well especially Drill and flags. but face it The better team will always win! Good Luck ALL L A U S D bands! my predictions for LAUSD;

1-A- Canoga Park
2-A-San Fernando
3-A-Los Angeles
4-A-Fremont
5-A-San Pedro
6-A-Garfield

saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saugusbandgeek » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:32 pm

I don't know if the best team always wins in LA. I didn't see the shows last year but I heard from a lot of people that the judging was a little of between Canoga Park and San Fernando. As qouted from one judge in regards to Canoga's show, "It's very well designed and executed, but there's just too much room for error" Not this was dirty and that was dirty, but instead this could have been dirty and that could have been dirty. This is in no way taking away from the hard work that San Fernando's members put into their show, just stating fact. Some directors and staff members from other schools, no names being mentioned, felt the judging was a little skewed, but that's their opinion, and I'm sure the judges would say it was perfectly fair and unbiased.
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004