SCSBOA Championships

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:36 pm

HAHA I found it. Go here viewtopic.php?t=2305
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

CrazyCali8605
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CrazyCali8605 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:37 pm

trumpet joe, someone just posted them in another post. they r pretty interesting

*edit* and just as i post this message, someone comes up with a link, lol. well there ya go

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:28 pm

So now that the final scores to count towards championships are in, lets hear some 5a and 6a predictions. Also, its nice if you explain your reasoning for your predictions. Thanks :D
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

CrazyCali8605
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CrazyCali8605 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:53 pm

i shall b competing with a band in 6A so i wont make any predictions and ill avoid the whole bias front.

but it will be close... very close. i have a great feeling everyone will b on top of their game (more this year if not so much in the past).

ACE-Driving
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ACE-Driving » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:42 pm

Hmmm...

1. Rancho Buena Vista
2. Etiwanda
3. Chino
4. Rancho Bernardo
5. El Dorado
6. Arcadia
7. Vista
8. Diamond Bar
9. Walnut

This is going to be one of the closest competitions of the year. For once, I think the SCSBOA "monsters" (Etiwanda, RB) have a less likely chance of getting 1st. Obviously, everyone has heard about RBV's success this year, and I hope they will pull it off. But actually, everyone is so close to one another that it's really hard to say who will win. Etiwanda and RB still have a great chance to win, don't get me wrong. But then you got RBV winning big. Then you have Chino, El Dorado and Arcadia right behind those three, and all of their scores are EXTREMELY close. Do you realize that if RBV, RB, Chino and Arcadia were to have been in the same competition this past Saturday that their scores would be hairlengths apart from each other? And even still, don't count out Vista, DB or Walnut--they may turn some heads as well. :wink:

Even though those are my predictions, I don't think they'll stand. I'm definitely not counting out Chino, El Dorado or Arcadia of victory in two weeks. But we'll just have to wait and see until then. This is getting more and more exciting!
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

catlove
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: 6A Predictions

Post by catlove » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:40 pm

dudewheresmycar wrote:I know its early and some of these bands haven't competed against each other yet, but here are my early predictions for 6A:

1. Etiwanda
2. Rancho Bernardo
3. Rancho Buena Vista
4. El Dorado
5. Chino
6. Arcadia
7. Diamond Bar
8. Vista

High Percussion: Etiwanda
High Colorguard: Rancho Bernardo

going on scores here is how it should be.....
1. Rancho Bernardo
2. Rancho Buena Vista
3. Chino
4. Arcadia
5. El Dorado
6. Etiwanda
7. Diamond Bar
8. Vista

also dont count out Arcadias guard they are awesome.

banddork04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by banddork04 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:30 pm

Those cumulative scores are completely unreliable though since the scores all came from different times in the season. However, you can look at the placings of bands at competitions to form a sort of hierarchy of 6A bands. That being said, here are my predictions:

1. Etiwanda
2. Rancho Bernardo
3. Rancho Buena Vista
4. Chino
5. El Dorado
6. Arcadia
7. Diamond Bar
8. Vista

High Music: Etiwanda
High Visual: Etiwanda
High GE: Etiwanda
High Colorguard: Rancho Bernardo
High Percussion: Etiwanda

Only my predictions, so don't get too bent out of shape by them. :D

MKae

Post by MKae » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:41 pm

is rancho bernardo going? they aren't in scsboa i though.... someone please help me clear this up!

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:46 pm

Hmm...
It does appear they are in SCSBOA...and I assume they are going if they are in the SCSBOA Championships.
I didn't know they did other than SCSBOA
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

ACE-Driving
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ACE-Driving » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:11 pm

Rancho Bernardo is an SCSBOA band, which makes sense since they do both parade and field. :wink:
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Cymbal_Queen
New Recruit
New Recruit

Serrano!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Cymbal_Queen » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:57 pm

Serrano!!!!!!! :shock: I went there my freshman year! Any diamondbacks in here? I was on 3rd marching bass. I miss those kids so much!!! :cry: Well if there are kiss kiss :kiss: Anyways kids I think everyone is I've been seeing at comps are great you kids rock! :king:

Later all you Dudes & Dudettes
Tequila : "Stupid whore!"
Me : "I'm not stupid!"

The quote on the back of my drumline shirt :
"It's not an allience, it's a cult"
- Kelia Iha, Drumline Captian-Snare, Class of '05

DynaGlide
Rookie
Rookie

SCSBOA championships

Post by DynaGlide » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:12 pm

Just because a band competes in SCSBOA does not make a band eligible for championships. The director must have applied to go back in September.

Some of the bands that people have been predicting to do well at championships are not going. They stop marching after Arcadia. Check their web sites.

Mattjs15

I hate being a small but semi-good band

Post by Mattjs15 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:24 pm

:( My fresh year we had a great director. We had the Mummy Show and we went to TOC. Then he left at the end of the year and we got a crappy ass director that i personlly hate and so does a lot of other people. We were in 3a,then when she came we went to 2a. The year after that we went to 1a. Do you see a pattern. I do. Now that we are in 1a we are in 3rd place in the division but since we are so small we are not recognized. It hurts to see so many posts about the bands for the Championships that we are going to and not see our name anywhere any it. This is JURUPA VALLEY. We may be small, we may start of every year crappy but by the end we pack a mighty punch and show everyone else what we are all about.
-Later
PS. We are the ones in the crappy Pirates constumes doing the Pirate's of the Carribean. Good movie= Crappy show but we can do it. I hope
The Pirates are coming to get YOU!!!

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:32 pm

Oi, a little bit more positive please? Maybe edit the language a bit?
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

cutenerd17
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: I hate being a small but semi-good band

Post by cutenerd17 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:49 pm

Mattjs15 wrote::( My fresh year we had a great director. We had the Mummy Show and we went to TOC. Then he left at the end of the year and we got a crappy ass director that i personlly hate and so does a lot of other people. We were in 3a,then when she came we went to 2a. The year after that we went to 1a. Do you see a pattern. I do. PS. We are the ones in the crappy Pirates constumes doing the Pirate's of the Carribean. Good movie= Crappy show but we can do it. I hope
:roll: Jeez... maybe it's the upperclassman attitude that causes the band to diminish. Charter Oak used to be huge too, but the upperclassmen's attitude when we got a new director really ruined what could have been a positive change . If you really want to be a good band, support your band director and work hard.
Small but mighty
Charter Oak High