Scsboa 3a championships

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

OHSwoodwindplayer

Post by OHSwoodwindplayer » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:19 pm

ya nobody can really make predictions the scores are all too close. what it's going to come down to is who has the most heart.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:28 pm

yes alot of the scores are really close. most of the bands broke 80 and that's only a 3 point spread!! so i cant really say it's just gonna be a free for all with anyone jumping to get 1st!
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gangemi » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:41 pm

Gotta give the nod to La Quinta for Percussion. Hart is also smokin

Auxiliary...hmm. Hart will be good. Glendora is always good. Westlake has been very good this year. This is a tough one.

I am starting to think that the coolest part about all of this is the friends everyone is making on this board as a result of our common interest. THere really seem to be no losers here. How awesome is that?!?!

Gangemi
Westlake HS

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:44 pm

We're all just one big happy family here at the marching band forums at WoP.

Bands combining with other bands...friendships being made, trips being planned, WoP "meet-ups" at field shows...

Mega thanks to Dave and Harvey!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:18 am

yeah!! you guys have been great and thanx for the support.i hope to see alot of ppl from w.o.p at championships.this is a great place for band geeks to meet their ppl.also i am really looking forward to seeing harts show.i saw a bit last year it was pretty good. :D GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!! :mrgreen:
Nothing is impossible with God!

saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saugusbandgeek » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:51 pm

In my opinion hart has a much better show this year than last year. Overall I like the design more, and think that the execution is much cleaner. The musicians are play with much more emotion last year, and the sound is just mor mature. I don't think anybody is going to take it from hart.

As for Canyon and Valencia, well Canyon hasn't beat Valencia yet, but they've been pretty darn close. Don't ever think someone you've already beat can't beat you later in the season. I'm not saying that I think they will or won't beat Valencia, but it could go either way between those two.
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004

ODannyBoi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ODannyBoi » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:07 am

saugusbandgeek wrote:As for Canyon and Valencia, well Canyon hasn't beat Valencia yet, but they've been pretty darn close. Don't ever think someone you've already beat can't beat you later in the season. I'm not saying that I think they will or won't beat Valencia, but it could go either way between those two.
I agree, just beacuse VHS has beaten Canyon every week doesn't mean Canyon won't pull it out. They fixed some bugs between Rampage and Oxnard, I'm sure they're on they're way to fixing more... like the time delay between the drum kit in the pit adn the line when they come in.

That's why we're still rehearsing. :viking:
Daniel J. Magallanes
Director of Bands,
Monrovia H.S. - Monrovia, CA
www.MonroviaMusic.org

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Through the eyes of a "Mad" man...

Post by Mad City » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:12 pm

These are not my predictions, but looking at the scores that I have, this is what it looks like...so far.....

83.25 Hart Defending 3A Champion

83.17 Westlake Undefeated this year (officially)

81.70 Riverside Poly Only early season loss to Hart.

80.25 Royal Holy cow! Where did they come from!!!

80.12 Glendora 2002 3A Finalist

79.55 Oceanside 2002 Bronze medalist

78.97 La Quinta 2002 3A Finalits (4th)

78.32 Valencia Another Holy Cow! Where did they come from!!!

77.50 Canyon One more time...Holy Cow..boys!

76.57 San Clamente One last time, Holy Cow!

We still have two weeks to go, I'm sure scores will go up.

I belive the top 8 bands broke 80 last week! It looks like it's anybodys ball game to me!!!

Good luck to all the finalists, and a big CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE SANTA CLARITA SCHOOLS FOR MAKING IT INTO CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

HART
SAUGUS
CANYON
VALENCIA!!!
Last edited by Mad City on Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

Flamming101(EC TrumpeT)

Re: percussion

Post by Flamming101(EC TrumpeT) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:45 am

ohstenorplayer wrote:on another note I think La Quinta has a high chance of getting the High Percussion award, but don't rule out O'side. We've improved leeps and bounds so we're trying to keep on La quinta's behind and maybe surpass them. Who really knows though? Best of luck to all percussion.

Um Sir... you're not the ohs tenor player, I know him, you Sir are an OHS tenor SAX player, please for the love of god change your avatar. Further more you don't march a sax of any shape or size, and wern't you put in the pit because you couldn't march and play the sax? Please stop bringing down the REAL OHS tenor DRUM player, there is only one and you Sir are not him. No matter how much you want to be him you can't. For the record I'm not the OHS tenor player, I am just making sure no one thinks ohstenorplayer is him. Thank you and good day.
EC TRUMPET

someguywhodoesthings
Rookie
Rookie

Post by someguywhodoesthings » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:04 pm

All I have to say is this. 3a is the single most competitive division in SCSBOA. All the bands totally rock. (Even the ones that didn't qualify) btw, for those of you who are picking placements. I find it intresting that you pick them when you haven't seen all the bands. I go to San Clemente, and the only band we've seen in competition is Valencia and that was in the opening weeks of the season. Finally! Next week, we're gonna see La Quinta at Temecula Valley and I'm looking forward to that. Best of skill to everyone and may the best band win.

ODannyBoi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ODannyBoi » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:21 pm

SCTOOBA wrote:Next week, we're gonna see La Quinta at Temecula Valley and I'm looking forward to that. Best of skill to everyone and may the best band win.
Huh?! I thought we were gonna see La Quinta this weekend at Savanna. According to WoP (Upcoming Events) They're slated to go on right after us.

Oh well, congrats on qualifying and see ya in Long Beach
Daniel J. Magallanes
Director of Bands,
Monrovia H.S. - Monrovia, CA
www.MonroviaMusic.org

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: percussion

Post by altogirl06 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:25 pm

Flamming101(EC TrumpeT) wrote:
ohstenorplayer wrote:on another note I think La Quinta has a high chance of getting the High Percussion award, but don't rule out O'side. We've improved leeps and bounds so we're trying to keep on La quinta's behind and maybe surpass them. Who really knows though? Best of luck to all percussion.

Um Sir... you're not the ohs tenor player, I know him, you Sir are an OHS tenor SAX player, please for the love of god change your avatar. Further more you don't march a sax of any shape or size, and wern't you put in the pit because you couldn't march and play the sax? Please stop bringing down the REAL OHS tenor DRUM player, there is only one and you Sir are not him. No matter how much you want to be him you can't. For the record I'm not the OHS tenor player, I am just making sure no one thinks ohstenorplayer is him. Thank you and good day.
*clap,clap* wow now that you have completely insulted him i hope u feel better! he was the tenor player for ohs during adl and was very good too! if you feel that u need to insult him do it at another time and place. he is one of my very good friends so i feel the need to defend him if u like it or not.anyways to be back on topic.......... i hope that i get to see westlakes show.it sounds really awsome. :D
Nothing is impossible with God!

05percussion
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Through the eyes of a "Mad" man...

Post by 05percussion » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:12 pm

Mad City wrote:These are not my predictions, but looking at the scores that I have, this is what it looks like...so far.....

83.25 Hart Defending 3A Champion

83.17 Westlake Undefeated this year (officially)

81.70 Riverside Poly Only early season loss to Hart.

80.25 Royal Holy cow! Where did they come from!!!

80.12 Glendora 2002 3A Finalist

79.55 Oceanside 2002 Bronze medalist

78.97 La Quinta 2002 3A Finalits (4th)

78.32 Valencia Another Holy Cow! Where did they come from!!!

77.50 Canyon One more time...Holy Cow..boys!

76.57 San Clamente One last time, Holy Cow!

I belive the top 8 bands broke 80 last week! It looks like it's anybodys ball game to me!!!

Good luck to all the finalists, and a big CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE SANTA CLARITA SCHOOLS FOR MAKING IT INTO CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

HART
SAUGUS
CANYON
VALENCIA!!!
The order looks very good, But do you really think the scores are going to be that close? In my opinion, there will probably be at least a 10 point spread between first and tenth. Last year their was about eleven points between Hart ( 83.43) and Bloomington (72.64). I expect there to be about the same gap but with so many bands coming out of nowhere, who knows. It is pretty amazing that only four out of ten were at last years championships. Can't wait till we see how the scores go.

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Through the eyes of a "Mad" man...

Post by Mad City » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:46 am

05percussion wrote:
Mad City wrote:These are not my predictions, but looking at the scores that I have, this is what it looks like...so far.....

do you really think the scores are going to be that close?
Por favor, I did say, these are not my predictions. It was based off the scores that I had at the time, which have now changed.

I still believe it's anyones ball game. I'm sure the scores will still go up, and I do believe the top 5 will be within a 3 to 4 point spread.

3A is the most competitive division!

Rock On 3A!!!
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad City » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:56 am

OHSwoodwindplayer wrote:ya nobody can really make predictions the scores are all too close. what it's going to come down to is who has the most heart.
Who has the most heart, or who has the most Hart!

Bahahahha!!!

Y ahora en espanol, Bajajaja!!!

I had to say it!