SCSBOA 6A Champs looks to be a good one!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

bandfan10

SCSBOA 6A Champs looks to be a good one!

Post by bandfan10 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Any predictions!

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: SCSBOA 6A Champs looks to be a good one!

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Based on word on the street.....Arcadia and Mt. Carmel will probably be duking it out for the gold. After that....it's anyone's guess.

((that should fire everyone up))

6yr.bandvet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by 6yr.bandvet » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:32 pm

I like Chino, I only wish they didn't change the music from the original score (meter alterations and missing measures), but it works for them. I love the drumline and guard. Chino, balance the baritone and flute intro solo a little bit more. Unless it was a one time thing from when I saw you (riverside). Sell those those spotlight moments (winds and brass). Good luck, you are my pick. Didn't get to see Mt. Carmel this year.

magicsax22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by magicsax22 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:19 pm

The only 6A I saw this year who is on the grid is Los Osos so I can't really say. I did enjoy their show greatly, they played with a lot of nuance and expressive detail instead of just big and together like some big groups do. Recaps make it seem that their scores won't quite hold up to some of the top groups, but I'm sure it will be a great show regardless.

That being said, I think the top of every division is going to be a great show. In 2A Buena has a very engaging show and I'm sure Patriot and a few of the others up there do too (just haven't seen them), 3A is going to be pretty crazy, Valencia, Azusa and Golden Valley all have great stuff going on and I assume Palisades continues to play extremely well (haven't seen them this year). I've seen all of the top 6 in 4A except Del Norte and all of them have awesome things going on (though I have to root for Hart since my neighbor plays in that band). Haven't seen any 5A's and won't say much about 1A since my group is in going to be fighting it out in that division, but again I think anyone attending any of these sites will be in for a great show regardless where they go.

Norman

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:29 pm

magicsax22 wrote:The only 6A I saw this year who is on the grid is Los Osos so I can't really say. I did enjoy their show greatly, they played with a lot of nuance and expressive detail instead of just big and together like some big groups do. Recaps make it seem that their scores won't quite hold up to some of the top groups, but I'm sure it will be a great show regardless.

That being said, I think the top of every division is going to be a great show. In 2A Buena has a very engaging show and I'm sure Patriot and a few of the others up there do too (just haven't seen them), 3A is going to be pretty crazy, Valencia, Azusa and Golden Valley all have great stuff going on and I assume Palisades continues to play extremely well (haven't seen them this year). I've seen all of the top 6 in 4A except Del Norte and all of them have awesome things going on (though I have to root for Hart since my neighbor plays in that band). Haven't seen any 5A's and won't say much about 1A since my group is in going to be fighting it out in that division, but again I think anyone attending any of these sites will be in for a great show regardless where they go.

Norman
I totally agree with you my friend....and since I'm not judging any more shows for SCSBOA this semester, let me just say YOU guys did GREAT. You're in the hunt. Just do what I said on the recording and you'll be fine! LOL

bandfan10

Post by bandfan10 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:13 pm

6yr.bandvet wrote:I like Chino, I only wish they didn't change the music from the original score (meter alterations and missing measures), but it works for them. I love the drumline and guard. Chino, balance the baritone and flute intro solo a little bit more. Unless it was a one time thing from when I saw you (riverside). Sell those those spotlight moments (winds and brass). Good luck, you are my pick. Didn't get to see Mt. Carmel this year.
I too like Chino!
My predictions for medals will be Chino, Mt. Carmel & Arcadia and any one of these schools can take gold! Gonna be be a great night with some amazing performances!

airons0678
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airons0678 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:32 pm

bandfan10 wrote:
6yr.bandvet wrote:I like Chino, I only wish they didn't change the music from the original score (meter alterations and missing measures), but it works for them. I love the drumline and guard. Chino, balance the baritone and flute intro solo a little bit more. Unless it was a one time thing from when I saw you (riverside). Sell those those spotlight moments (winds and brass). Good luck, you are my pick. Didn't get to see Mt. Carmel this year.
I too like Chino!
My predictions for medals will be Chino, Mt. Carmel & Arcadia and any one of these schools can take gold! Gonna be be a great night with some amazing performances!
Chino has a great show this year and they perform very, very well. No denying it! Mt. Carmel, though...they will be hard to take down. My prediction: 1) Mt. Carmel, 2) Chino, 3) Arcadia.

Alan

peapod
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by peapod » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Ryan H. Turner wrote:Based on word on the street.....Arcadia and Mt. Carmel will probably be duking it out for the gold. After that....it's anyone's guess.

((that should fire everyone up))
Ohhhhhh, Ryan, you want to go there? You really are brave.
LOL, you know my bias, but I think Mt. Carmel will be really hard to beat.

DH

Jblopez16
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Jblopez16 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:18 pm

I am going to run out there to watch the last 6A groups go on after 1A champs. So excited!
Joel Lopez M.M.
Instrumental Music Director,
Charter Oak High School
Covina, CA

tempest19

Post by tempest19 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:26 pm

any thoughts on last night?

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:21 am

Who won?
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list

EmilyD
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by EmilyD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Mt. Carmel - 94.3
Rancho Bernardo - 93.3
Arcadia - 92.7