Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

EmilyD
New Recruit
New Recruit

SCSBOA Championships: 6A Predictions?

Post by EmilyD » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi guys,

What are your predictions for this division? I was going to say Mt. Carmel would be an amazing contender, but sadly I do not see them on the line up. I have heard that Rancho Bernardo has a pretty dark theme this year, and El Dorado's show is fantastic as well. San Marcos' show made me a little skeptical at first, but I have to admit it was pretty entertaining and clever. I think it will be an exciting night this Saturday! What do you guys think? :D

flutemom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: SCSBOA Championships: 6A Predictions?

Post by flutemom » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 pm

this is bizarre. This morning I had looked at videos of some of the division leaders and the first video I looked at was Mt. Carmel. I thought they were in first place in 6-A. I liked their routine, interesting and all without the gimmicks (IMO) of props. I thought SB's was strange.

Jim Bunselmeier
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jim Bunselmeier » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Mt. Carmel is not going to 6A championship.

GC1489

Post by GC1489 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Jim Bunselmeier wrote:Mt. Carmel is not going to 6A championship.
Why isn't Mt. Carmel going to Championships, they were the clear leaders throughout the whole season? Seems very odd to me.
Last edited by GC1489 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Bunselmeier
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jim Bunselmeier » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Something about their trimester ending or some such thing....

lo123
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lo123 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Sad to see MC not making it this time. I definitely feel Rancho Bernardo definitely has the car (show design) to drive them to finish line. Just all depends how much they clean in one week. Their show is tough and has still has a lot of potential to improve.

I really appreciate a lot of San Marcos' design. Overall very clever and a great use of electronics and drill design. They have made significant improvements over the course of the season.

I look forward to seeing videos of all the performances after.

xshawk

Post by xshawk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Jim Bunselmeier wrote:Something about their trimester ending or some such thing....
I heard the same thing, and when asking for details it appears that their 1st trimester ended friday(or sunday depending on your perspective) and the 2nd trimester started 11/17. therefore the kids are in other classes (ie: no marching PE) and there are possible schedule conflicts.

my personal opinion is that with the level of excellence they have maintained through the season, they could still have a shot even without day rehearsals... but realistically it truly is a gamble.

Prediction-wise: Arcadia is always a contender, El Dorado looks really good, I don't know what to think about RB..
I just missed their show at Arcadia but clearly the last-minute changes they made pleased the Judges...
at this point they are a very technically strong unit with a serious wild-card of a field-show.
regardless of any reservations on their theme, I am really impressed with the kids hard-work and dedication, and with the directors intestinal fortitude to make those last minute changes and compete using an (essentially) untried show.

Championships will be exciting!