Pasadena 1967

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

PGOK
Section Leader
Section Leader

Pasadena 1967

Post by PGOK » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:41 pm

I found an LP on ebay of the 1967 Pasadena HS marching band. I put one of the tracks on YouTube, if you would like to listen. It sounds like it was recorded at a concert. Hopefully, I can add some more tracks at a later date.

Law & Order
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

— Groucho Marx

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: Pasadena 1967

Post by JLGORMAN » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:33 pm

The Band sounds like it is in Concert Performance. It may well have been. When I was stationed in Pasadena, CA from 1971 to 1973, I attended the Spirit of Sound Concert performed by the Pasadena HS Band under the direction of Kandy Schoenholz which was held in their auditorium. The show featured all the Music of the Marching Season to include their complete Chaffey Winning Halftime(folks it was 1971) show and also performance of their competition march for that year, British Eighth. I believe that this tradition of doing a concert of their marching season music was started under Larry Curtis. Also they played British Eighth using their competition step off. They could really play during those years.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq