Best Parade Bands so far

Post by drumgeek76 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 am

Which parade bands are best so far?

wjs05
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Best Parade Bands so far

Post by wjs05 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Diamond bar is excellent this year. Riverside king is REALLY clean for this time in the season and I haven't seen RB but I'm looking forward to their version of "March of the women Marines."

Oh yeah, Arcadia has made me a slight fan of "Americans We" which is a piece I never really cared for.

Timbob
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Timbob » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 pm

I really like Arcadias full, rich sound. Great fast tempo too. For lack of a better word, they have the most spirited, "marchy" sound of them all. Havent heard Mt. Carmel or Rancho Bernardo yet though......

Heyoo85
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Heyoo85 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:44 pm

My bias is towards thrilling - goose bump performances. That being said, I'm very excited to hear (in person) Rancho Bernardo's March of the Women Marines, Diamond Bar's Shrewsberry Fair, Mt Carmel's Loyal Legion and Arcadia's Americans We. It's really great to see some nice selections from the 6A parade bands. It's going to be a killer year for the street!
"The happiest people don't always have the best of everything, they make the best of everything"

Euphmaniac

Post by Euphmaniac » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:54 am

I'm really liking the performances from riverside king and chino this year. Both are playing very unique marches

C-risYoung

Post by C-risYoung » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:07 pm

I like chino a lot. I'm not at chino! and I think they are very good. They practise very much and you know that they are really good because they reherse a lot. Their band directer is kinda cool to! :viking: